iPod products are everywhere and because of their mass storage and portability, people are using them in their cars instead of a CD Changer. The BLAU/8-POD iPod adapter lets you connect and play select iPod products through the 8-PIN ISO port on select Blaupunkt aftermarket radios.
Once this adapter is installed simply connect the iPod (Mini, *Nano, Photo, Video, Classic ) via the dock connector and begin to enjoy the best sound through a clean audio connection. Use the Radio volume to set the listening level and the iPod built-in controls to browse your music library.
The BLAU/8-POD provides an easy, inexpensive method of converting the CD Changer port on these radios to accept iPods products.
COMPATIBILITY & NOTES:
[These requirements must be met for this part to work.]
1. The BLAU/8-POD is compatible with all 1998-Up Blaupunkt aftermarket Radios (not OEM) with "Aux input" Menu option. The drop-down menu is just a small sample of compatible radios. Locate and read the MANUAL
for unlisted models.
2. The BLAU/8-POD is approximately 4.5 ft. long with an 8-PIN iSO plug on one end and Apple 30-pin iPod dock connector on the other. (not for Zune)
3. The BLAU/8-POD takes the place of the CD Changer. If there is a CD Changer it must be disconnected and will no longer function.
4. The BLAU/8-POD Plays and Charges the iPod: Mini, Photo, *Nano (1G, 2G, 3G), Video, Classic.
5. Will play but will not Charge the iPhone (All), Nano (4G-Up), Touch (2G-Up). Purchase the BLAU/8-POD2 or BLAU/8-POD3 instead.
Click for instructions on how to ENABLE THE AUX FUNCTION on the compatible Radio.
CLICK HERE FOR BECKER RADIO APPLICATIONS.
The BLAU/8-POD does *NOT* control iPod functions. You must use the iPod built-in controls.