By facilitating a full-control interface, on factory stereos and steering wheel controls, drivers no longer have to fumble with the iPod to browse for music or play a song. The PXDP2 (also known as iPod2carGen 2 OEM ver 1.2.2) allows the user to browse by Playlist, Artist, Album and Genre, as well as view the song title and artist information on the radio screen without the need to create custom playlists which means the iPod can be stowed out of sight for safety and a clean factory interior appearance. The PXPD2 OEM iPod™ interface allows you to listen, charge, and control iPod™ products (including the iPod Video, Photo, Nano, Mini, Classic, Touch, iPhone) through the built in Satellite function on the select 2005-Up Toyota Satellite Ready Radios (Compatible radios Must have a "SAT" Button on the face). Does your vehicle have steering wheel-mounted audio system controls? If so, you're likely in for another treat: this too works with the iPod2car2. Skipping and searching through songs from the radio or steering wheel is a blast. Changing modes on the audio system works exactly as it should. Toggle between the iPod2car2, AM/FM radio, or an in-dash CD player at your leisure, and everything will perform great.
• Charges the iPod's™ internal battery.--- See footnotes.
• Ability to display artist name, song title, album title, Playlist name
• Browse by artist, Playlist, genre, and album
• Controls include track forward, track back, fast forward, rewind, shuffle and repeat
• Audio feed directly into the factory radio to retain digital sound quality
• Full control of iPod using factory radio and steering wheel controls only. The iPod click-wheel and display are disabled.
• Compatible with iPod™ Mini, Nano (All), Photo, Classic, Video, iPhone (All), Touch (All)
• 10-foot dock connector cable included.
Compatibility & Installation Notes: [This section will inform you of the specific requirements for your factory radio to be compatible with the PXDP2. These notes will inform you of any issues or circumstances that can affect the compatibility of our product with your radio, audio system, or accessories.
1. The PXDP2 is compatible with select 2005-07 Toyota and 2005-06 Lexus radios with "SAT" or "AM/SAT" button on the face (this indicates that the radio is Satellite Radio Ready)
2. Not compatible with Hybrid vehicles, 2007 Avalon with Navigation or any Navigation radio that does not have a "SAT" button on the face
3. For your safety while driving the iPod click-wheel and display are disabled. Controlling the iPod/iPhone is possible using the radio buttons/display only.
» PXDP2 interface x1
» iPod connection cable PODCBLBM (11 ft. long) x1
» User MANUAL
» PXH2TY1 Vehicle specific harness x1 (Toyota Applications
The PXDP2 (iPod2Car2) connects to the Satellite Radio port on the back of the radio. Satellite Radio (if present) will have to be disconnected and will no longer function or use these INSTRUCTION to retain the Satellite radio option and the PXDP2.
8-PIN Mini DIN Connector (left)
Connects to 8-PIN MINI DIN dock cable (included)
DIP Switches (right)
Set according to application guide.
22-pin Molex connector
Connects to one end of the vehicle specific harness