This easy to install auxiliary input adapter works in more than 135 vehicles on the road today.
Many looking for a simple way to play portable audio devices in their cars will be pleased to find an attractive solution in the AUX2CAR (PXDX ver 1.5.1). This adapter converts the CD Changer port in over 135 vehicles on the road today into an auxiliary input. A vehicle specific harness and a dip switch flip and the AUX2CAR is ready to go. Connect audio devices (e.g. MP3, Smartphone, iPod, iPhone, Zune, Satellite Radio etc.) to the factory radio. If you buy or trade into another vehicle, simply purchase a harness and re-program module to match new vehicle.
» Direct connection to factory radio using a vehicle specific harness (Not FM modulated).
» Programmable for many US and Foreign Vehicle applications.
» Uses a vehicle specific cable (18 different cables are available).
» Easily adds CD quality input for iPods, Laptops, DVD players, MP3 players, and more!
» Aux input select-able using the factory radio CD, BAND or AUX button
» Includes two audio cables (3.5mm and RCA) terminals
» Click here for sample installation in VW.
[These issues or circumstances may affect compatibility of our product with your radio or vehicle.]
* Navigation radios are *NOT* compatible
Not compatible with in-dash 6 CD Changer Radios
* Vehicles equipped with a "Symphony" radios requires our PXHAD2 harness (sold separately) as well as the Free PXHVW2 harness.
* Radio must be equipped with a "TAPE/AUX" button or a "CD/AUX" button to be compatible.
* 1995-1999 radios that have a built in CD player (except Corvette) are *NOT* compatible (these lack CD Changer control functions)
* 1998-2004 GM vehicles NOT equipped with a factory slave unit may not be able to support an external device therefore the PXDX may not be compatible
* Radio MUST have "Disc ^" printed on preset number one (i.e. RBK, RB1, RBP etc)
* 1999 Chrysler vehicles with a SQUARE face radio use the PXHCH1 harness. OVAL face radios use the PXHCH2 harness.
* 2002-2005 Vehicles: Radio models REF, REC, RAK & RAQ are *NOT* compatible. See the AAi-CHY
* Compatible with BLAUPUNKT single CD/MP3 Radio in select 2000-04 Ford Focus. Requires our exclusive PXHBLAU harness.
* 1995-1997 Ford Explorer & Crown Victoria with the JBL system will need the PXHFD1 cable with the connections to be made at the rear control unit
* Not compatible with Hybrid vehicles
* 2010 Toyota Vehicles: Radios with a "RADIO" button on face are *NOT* compatible
* Navigation radios are not compatible
* Whenever possible, we recommend using the PXHVW2 or PXHVW3 harness and install the module behind the radio.
* Double-DIN (4" tall) radios use the PXHVW3 harness
* Single-DIN (2" tall) radios use the PXHVW2 harness
How do i know which installation harness applies to may vehicle?
1. Open APPLICATION GUIDE in your browser
2. Locate your vehicle manufacturer/model/year -- applicable harness part number appears next to vehicle.
3. Select applicable harness from the drop-down menu at the top of this page. (Selected harness is added to order).
4. Don't forget to read "IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION" NOTES ON GUIDE. Failure to read these notes may result in ordering the wrong part.
» AUX2Car interface adapter (3"x 3.25"x 1") x 1
» RCA to 8-Pin DIN cable (6-inches long) x1
» 3.5mm jack to 8-Pin DIN cable (6 ft. long) x1
» User's MANUAL and APPLICATION GUIDE x 1
[ See drop-down menu for reference]
Free Harness does not apply to:
1. PXHTY3 --All Toyota/Scion
2. PXHGM4 -- 1997-04 Corvette when installing at the radio. If Pre-wired for CD Changer in trunk/hatch, select the PXHGM2 (Free)
3. PXHBLAU-- 2000-04 Ford Focus with Blaupunkt CD/MP3 radios.
4. PXHFD5 --- prewired Fords
1. Application guide applies only if original equipment is installed.
2. Radios must be able to control an external CD Changer otherwise the AUX2CAR will NOT work.
3. The AUX2CAR (PXDX) is for AUDIO playback only. Does not support charging, device controls from radio buttons or text display.
8-PIN DIN connector (left)
Connects to 8-pin DIN to RCA , 8-PIN DIN to 3.5mm cables (included) or optional PODCBLB-5V cable.
DIP Switches (right)
Set according to Application Guide.
22-pin Molex connector
Connects to 1 of 18 vehicle specific harnesses