Just because your Mercedes radio does not have a dedicated AUX input does not impede streaming apps from smart device.
Thanks to the A2D-MBFM, these Mercedes vehicles owners can user their smart device to stream directly into factory radio. The direct connection eliminates most static/interference that can occur when using wireless FM transmitters. All the driver has to do is designate a radio preset as a “streaming channel,” (87.9 or 88.3MHz) turn on ignition, pair smart device and enjoy favorite streaming service (e.g. Pandora, Apple music, Spotify ), GPS app (e.g. Waze etc.), Podcast etc. with excellent sound quality and unlike FM transmitters; you won't have switch between stations when traveling through different areas. Switch ignition key to "ACC" or "ON" and the Bluetooth module interrupts incoming antenna signal, delivering a strong signal from smart device.
Click to review Installation instructions and Frequent ask questions prior to ordering.
Installation is also a breeze and only requires connecting the radio antenna into the module and plug module into the antenna socket on the rear of the radio (Antenna adapter included). The A2D-MBFM provides FM radio quality sound and is a great addition to Mercedes radio lacking dedicated AUX input.
» Modulates through the Mercedes radio FM band. Not an FM transmitter subject to interference..
» Bluetooth 4.1 A2DP (audio streaming) profile from any Smartphone, Tablet, Kindle and more.
Does not support phone calls.
» Selectable Frequency: 87.9MHz or 88.3MHz
» New! Incoming caller number announced on car speakers. (Must answer on handset)
» Interrupts incoming antenna signal for best sound performance.
» Stream internet music sites, Apple music, Navigation, Podcast, from any internet connected device
» All controls remain with smart device. Use radio volume control button to adjust listening level.
[To avoid costly returns, It is important to observe all requirements, warnings and install guide information prior to purchase.]
1. Exclusive to Mercedes original factory radios
2. Does not interfere with functionality of existing radio (CD player or Tape player or CD changer)
3. Controls and display remain with audio device (e.g. Smartphone). Mercedes radio/display or buttons (except volume) do not apply
4. Module installs behind radio cavity with included antenna adapter. Click installation guide link below for details.
5. Audio frequency response: 100 - 1500Hz, Signal to Noise Ratio: ≥5dB (1 ~ 100KHz) and max current draw: <50mA
» FM modulator with Bluetooth module x1 (3"x 3"x 1.5")
» Separate power and ground wires x1
» Antenna adapter kit (BAA711s or BAA2223) x 1
Optional: AUX input cable
[ See drop-down for reference]
* All installs are done behind dashboard (radio removal required for install)
1. Connect behind radio.
2. Not for phone calls (HFP).
3. This kit must first be assembled (built) after which time it is then shipped using shipping method selected at checkout.