Peripheral PXAMG was recently named "BEST IPOD ADAPTER THAT USES THE CAR'S BIG DISPLAY AND CONTROLS" by BestDiscovery.com and is the first-ever Automotive Media Gateway for numerous Subaru. The revolutionary iSSB571 just got better. XM Emulation (Radios with SAT button) Integration Solution seamlessly integrates iPod™, HD/Sirius Radio™, Bluetooth technology and many other portable media products into the factory audio system. The iSSB571 works with the iPhone and all iPod versions that use the standard 30-pin dock connector (Mini, Nano, Touch, Classic, Video, Photo) and provides dual iPod control from either the click wheel or the factory radio buttons, allowing users to track forward and back for songs and browse by Artist, Playlist, Genre, and Album. If controlled from the XM radio control buttons, this information is displayed on the Radio screen for easy navigation. In addition to the iPod the Gateway also is capable of the following Add - Ons:
1. HD Radio (XM Emulation only) receive HD radio stations that can not be received with a standard tuner. Unlike Satellite radio, HD Radio has no monthly subscription fees and users enjoy crystal-clear AM and FM reception and expanded content with exciting new formats. (HDRT tuner required and sold separately)
2. Bluetooth (XM Emulation Only) Supports hands-free calling on the iPhone 3G, 3Gs & 4G. The iSBT21 Bluetooth adapter is required (sold separately)
The total evolution of Peripheral’s next generation iSSB571 iPod interface integrates completely in all vehicles listed on this APPLICATION GUIDE and drop-down menu. Click here for VIDEO DEMONSTRATION.
• Charges the iPod's™ internal battery.
• Ability to display artist name, song title, album title, Playlist name on Radio screen
• HD Radio Ready.
• Bluetooth Ready.
• Controls include track forward, track back, fast forward, rewind, shuffle and repeat
• Audio feed directly into the factory radio to retain digital sound quality
• Compatible with audio features/controls on iPod™ Mini, Nano (ALL), Photo, Video, Touch (ALL), Classic, iPhone (ALL).
• Browse iPod by: Song, Artist, Album, Genre, Playlist.
COMPATIBILITY & INSTALLATION NOTES: [This section will inform you of the specific requirements for your factory radio to be compatible with the iSSB571. These notes will inform you of any issues or circumstances that can affect the compatibility of our product with your radio, audio system, or accessories. Not all Factory radios are compatible with the iSSB571. Please check your radio system and verify these requirements before purchasing this part]
1. Compatible with select 2008-11 SUBARU Satellite Ready Radios ( "SAT" button ) listed in the pull-down menu below.
2. Tribeca factory navigation vehicles are NOT SUPPORTED
3. Forrester with factory iPod adapter are NOT SUPPORTED
4. In vehicles equipped with satellite radio, the satellite tuner will have to be disconnected at the tuner location in order for the iSSB571 to function properly.
5. Read the USER MANUAL/INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
» iSSB571 interface adapter x 1
» iPod dock connecting cable (iSPDC11) x1 (11 ft. long)
» Auxiliary input cable (PX35RCA) x1
» Instruction Manual/Installation instructions x1
» PGHSB1 (20-pin) vehicle specific harness x1.
» Warranty Information sheet x 1
1. Radio must have "SAT" button on the radio face. (must be able to support factory Satellite option)
2. Subaru applications are *NOT* compatible with SC-C1 Sirius Radio Tuner.
8-PIN Mini-DIN Inputs (left)
Connect the iPod (Port 1), The HDRT OR PXAMGSR OR Aux cable PX35RCA (Port 2).
DIP Switches (center)
Set according to installation manual.
USB Connector (right)
Use to connect the iSSB571 to a computer to update software.
24-pin Molex connector
Connects to the vehicle specific harness: PGHSB1