Peripheral PXAMG was named "BEST IPOD ADAPTER THAT USES THE CAR'S BIG DISPLAY AND CONTROLS" by BestDiscovery.com and is the first-ever Automotive Media Gateway for numerous Toyota, Lexus, Scion. The revolutionary iSTY571 Integration Solution seamlessly integrates iPod™, HD/Sirius Radio™, Bluetooth technology and many other portable media products into the factory audio system—. The iSTY571 works with the iPhone and all iPod versions that use the standard 30-pin dock connector (Mini, Nano, Touch, Classic, Video, Photo) and provides dual iPod control: SAT emulation and CD emulation. In Satellite controls (Radios with AM-SAT button on face) are able to browse by Artist, Playlist, Genre, and Album using the radio buttons and display. In CD Emulation (Radios with "CD" or "DISC" button) control the iPod as if it was a CD Changer (not text display or browse mode). In addition to the iPod the Gateway also is capable of the following Add - Ons:
1. HD Radio receive HD radio stations that can not be received with a standard tuner. Unlike Satellite radio, HD Radio has no monthly subscription fees and users enjoy crystal-clear AM and FM reception and expanded content with exciting new formats. (HDRT tuner sold separately and Radio must have an AM-SAT button)
2. Sirius Satellite Radio: Listen to what you want when you want, wherever you are. (Sirius Tuner (SC-C1) and cable (iSSR1) sold separately and Radios must have an AM-SAT buttton)
3. Bluetooth Supports hands-free calling on the iPhone 3G, 3Gs & 4G. ( iSBT21 Bluetooth adapter sold separately and radio must have an AM-SAT button)
The total evolution of Peripheral’s next generation iSNI572 iPod interface integrates completely in all vehicles listed on this APPLICATION GUIDE and pull-down menu below. Click here for VIDEO DEMONSTRATION.
• Charges the iPod's™ internal battery.
• Ability to display artist name, song title, album title, Playlist name on Radio screen (SAT emulation only)
• Retains (does not disable) factory installed Satellite Radio, Rear Seat Entertainment system (exceptions below- see application guide).
• HD Radio Ready.
• Sirius Radio Ready.
• Bluetooth Ready.
• Controls include track forward, track back, fast forward, rewind, shuffle and repeat
• Audio feed directly into the factory radio to retain digital sound quality
• Compatible with audio features/controls on iPod™ Mini, Nano (ALL), Photo, Video, Touch (ALL), Classic, iPhone (ALL).
• Browse iPod by: Song, Artist, Album, Genre, Playlist. (Sat emulation only)
COMPATIBILITY & INSTALLATION NOTES: [ These notes will inform you of any issues or circumstances that can affect the compatibility of our product with your radio, audio system, or accessories. Not all Factory radios are compatible with the iSTY571. Please check your radio system and verify these requirements before purchasing this part ]
1. Compatible with select 2006-Up Toyota, Scion, Lexus Radios with "AM-SAT","DISC" or "CD" button on faceplate.
2. Radios with a USB input are *NOT* compatible.
3 If using in Satellite Radio emulation mode: Vehicles equipped with a factory satellite radio will need to disconnect the satellite tuner at the tuner location in order for the iStY571 to work.
4. Scion: Not compatible with Pioneer OEL Dipslay factory radios
5. Installation requires the PGHTY1 vehicle specific harness (included)
6. Read the USER MANUAL/INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
» iST571 interface adapter x 1
» iPod dock connecting cable (ISPDC11) x1 (11 ft. long)
» Auxiliary input cable (PX35RCA) x1
» Instruction Manual/Installation instructions x1
» PGHTY1 (12-pin) vehicle specific harness x1.
» Warranty Information sheet x 1
If using with the HDRT HD Radio tuner: Radios with a diversity antenna will need the PGHTY1HD harness (sold separately) in order for the HD tuner to work correctly..
8-PIN Mini-DIN Inputs (left)
Connect the iPod (Port 1), The HDRT OR iSSR1 OR Aux cable PX35RCA (Port 2).
DIP Switches (center)
Set according to installation manual.
USB Connector (right)
Use to connect the iSTY571 to a computer to update software.
24-pin Molex connector
Connects to the vehicle specific harness: PGHTY1