Installers have no easy means to install an aftermarket radio in select 2006-Up GM vehicles equipped with LAN communication system. SoundGate has answered the bell with the LANSTAR1 and LANSTAR2 interfaces to allow replacement of the factory radio with aftermarket or that top of the line Navigation/DVD/Bluetooth aftermarket head-unit you always wanted. The LANSTAR2 maintains the factory warning chimes, integrates the OnStar system, creates the digital turn-on for factory amplifier, provides a switched +12 Volt output, and properly interfaces the RCA level audio from the new source unit to the factory amplifier. The LANSTAR2 utilizes microprocessor control, ultra-reliable surface-mounted construction, and advanced software design, to broadcast incoming OnStar audio and the warning chimes over the front speakers in the vehicle. It comes with factory match connectors for a fast, easy installation. Gain controls allow adjustment of chime volume and audio gain.
Compatibility and Notes: (please read prior to purchasing this part)
1. Compatible with select 2006-Up GM vehicles listed in drop-down with Amplified factory systems
2. For non-amplifier equipped vehicles, or in amplified vehicles where the factory amplifier will not be retained, purchase the LANSTAR1 instead.
3. The LANSTAR2 wires meets EIA (Electronic Industries Alliance) industry standard colors representing the function of each wire.
4. Adjustable warning chimes volume level via built-in potentiometer
5. OnStar volume adjustment
6. Provides +12V output
This is important-- Please read
1. Fader position is preset on vehicles with the Class 2 amp. New source unit fader will not function.
2. Rear Seat audio controls and headphones will not work.-- RSE retention interface coming soon.
3. If vehicle is equipped with factory DVD, RSE will only work through wireless port.
4. The factory audio systems in these vehicles is on the "Retained Accessory Power" circuit and designed to remain on until the drivers door is opened. With the LANSTAR2, this function is retained.
5. For vehicles with amplifiers, the steering wheel volume control will control the volume of OnStar. Momentarily press the steering wheel up/down button to adjust volume (do not press and hold).
[See drop-down menu below for reference]
* - not compatible with RPO codes Y91 and Z75 (found on sticker inside glove-box door).
When the factory radio is removed, the turn signal indicator is lost. The LANSTAR2 duplicates this factory feature through the left factory speaker.