The newly released SWI-RC all in one steering wheel interface for most Pioneer, Sony, JVC, Alpine, Clarion, Kenwood, Blaupunkt, Jensen, Dual, Advent, OEM, Valor, Boyo and Visteon radios with a wired remote control input.
Replacing the original factory radio meant you’d lose the safety and convenience of the steering wheel mounted radio controls. Now you can retain the same level of control without having to take your hands off the wheel, hunt for a tiny button on the radio or fumble with a remote control. Aftermarket remote control radios have a 1/8" plug, or a wire on the radio harness designated for this function. [Not all radios have this capability, please check radio manual to verify compatibility
By utilizing the wired remote input, the SWI-RC improves installation ease and provides quicker programming compared to infrared based interfaces. Installation consists of connecting only 3 wires for most vehicles and offers simplified programming. With more and more vehicles coming equipped with the convenience of steering wheel controls, objections when replacing a factory unit can now be easily overcome with this interface.
WILL THIS WORK IN YOUR CAR? Check APPLICATION GUIDE to verify compatibility. We are confident this guide will help in your decision to purchase this part.
[These issues or circumstances may affect compatibility of this product with your radio or vehicle]
1. Aftermarket radio MUST be equipped with a wired remote input (3.5mm headphone style jack or Blue/Yellow wire) to be compatible.
2. Not compatible with Kenwood models: KDC-X598 & KDC-X798. See our SWI-CP5.
3. Clarion model CZ500 does not support remote Bluetooth controls
4. JVC model numbers KW-NT1 and KW-NT3HDT do not support Presets Up and Down from steering wheel controls
5. Pioneer AVIC-Fxxx radios do not interpret radio preset seeking commands. This is a limitation of the radio not the SWI-RC. There is no correction for this unless it comes from Pioneer.
6. Pioneer radios with Bluetooth feature, the steering wheel controls will not adjust the phone call volume. The phone call volume must be adjusted on the face of the radio. This is a limitation of the radio not the SWI-RC. There is no correction for this unless it comes from Pioneer. Only the AVIC-Z110BT, Z120BT, Z130BT, Z140BH and the AVIC-X920BT, X930BT, X940BT will support the Voice Recognition function via wired remote input.
European vehicles with CAN-BUS (Mercedes, BMW, Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge) must also purchase a CAN-BUS adapter (e.g. SWI-CAN) available separately except with the C2R-VW2, C2R-AUDI radio replacement adapters