The X3-VWR3 T-harness is specific to the installation of PIE X3
remote input switcher in select 1998-08 Audi, Volkswagen vehicles equipped with a remotely mounted CD Changer (not referred to the CD changer built-into the radio) or factory Satellite Radio. The X3 (sold separately) includes a wired remote selector switch
that allows the user to easily change sources from CD Changer, or (factory XM) to input 1 (X1), input 2 (X2) or input 3 (X3) and back again.
» X3-VWR allows PIE's X3 to be connected directly to select 1998-08 Audi, Volkswagen factory audio systems.
» Connects at the factory Radio Location.
» Perfect for leased vehicles- simply unplug and remove at the end of the lease
» Advanced full-bandwidth design
Radio/Vehicle Compatibility & Notes: [All requirements must be met for this part to work]
1. The 1998-08 Audi, Volkswagen models listed here
MUST have at least one of the following factory options for the X3 System to work:
a. CD Changer (not FM Modulated)
b, Factory Satellite Radio Tuner
2. The X3-VWR harness is approximately 2 ft. long with a DB37-pin connector on one end and a "Y" connector (8-pin male and 8-pin female) on the other.
3. Click here for our exclusive diagram
1. Vehicles equipped with Satellite Radio must be in clear view of the satellites, otherwise the system will mute.
2. Vehicles equipped with CD Changer must have at least one disc playing for the system to work. CD will continue to spin.
3. The X3 system will work ONLY IF the applicable vehicle is equipped with an External CD Changer (referring to the 6 cd changer in the trunk, under seat, glove box etc), or Factory Satellite Radio tuner (Satellite subscription not required).
This system WILL NOT WORK without one of these options.