Easily replace Volvo OE radio and retain OE Hi-Fi amplifier.
Volvo Premium and High performance sound systems includes AM/FM radio tuner, speakers, sub-woofer and 20Wx4 or 40W x4 amplifiers (behind the dash) or 50Wx4 or 100W x4 amplifier (under passenger seat or hatch). Replacing the OE radio and keeping the rest of the system in Volvo Hi-Fi audio systems is not as easy as popping out the factory head unit and placing an aftermarket one in its place. Your installer may suggest rewiring the entire system ($$$); but for less than $20, the ARH-VOL harness makes it possible to replace Volvo factory radios (e.g. SC-816, HU-850 etc.) and install any aftermarket radio with RCA pre-amp outputs allowing OE amplifier and the rest of the system (including speakers) in Volvo 240, 260, 940, 960, C70, V60, S40, S70, S80, S90, V70, V90, XC70 to perform as with OE radio.
The ARH-VOL harness eliminates the following radio replacement/Amp retention issues:
1. No sound from main speakers
2. Sound only from main speakers
3. No sound from subwoofer.
Follow these steps to Install aftermarket radio and retain OE amplifier: (Required only in Volvo with OE amplifier)
1. Remove radio from dash.
2. Disconnect round 6-pin DIN "AMP" plug from OE radio and connect to the ARH-VOL round 6-pin socket
3. Connect/Tap blue wire to aftermarket radio amplifier turn-on lead (usually blue)
4. Connect aftermarket radio RCA line level outputs to RCA's on ARH-VOL [Front (short), Rear (long)]
5. Proceed to install new radio as per manual
Replacing Volvo radio may also required a BHA9220 OR BHA9221 wire harness and BAA24 antenna adapter sold separately.
1. Applies only when replacing radio in Volvo Premium amplified system (with OE amplifier).
2. Despite appearance; the ARH-VOL will not work in other applications. Damage may occur if used in non-Volvo application.
3. This cable does not ship same day. It must first be assembled after which time it is shipped using shipping method selected at checkout.