Upgrade Porsche CR-1 and CR-2 cassette radios to support Bluetooth music streaming from any smart device.
Just because you drive an older car does not mean you have to settle for old technology and in order to stay up to speed with fast changing technology; many Porsche owners have opted to remove the factory radio in favor of one that offers modern features such as Bluetooth, navigation etc. but did you know the factory radio is also able to support these features? All you need is a smart device (e.g. Smartphone, Tablet, etc.) and the BLU-CR12 to upgrade CR-1 and CR-2 cassette radios in select Porsche 911, 964, 993, 944, 968 to support music streaming, navigation, audio books, XM radio applications and more. Unlike $30 FM modulators; the BLU-CR12 module connects directly through the "CD" changer port which results in the best possible sound for listening to music and other audio content while on the road. (CD changer if present, must be disconnected). This plug-n-play, affordable, wireless solution is best for adding Bluetooth music streaming without compromising the dash components and allowing for retention of the original radio.
» Works on Porsche with CR-1 and CR-2 radios only.
» Stream music from any A2DP enabled device. Does not support hands-free-calls. See our A2DIY-CR12 instead.
» New!! Call number announced on car speaker. Must answer call on handset
» Stream from popular services like Spotify, Pandora, Apple music, XM radio and more
» Stream navigation applications (e.g. Waze, Google maps etc.) with voice guidance on car speakers
» Retain original look, feel and dashboard components
» Quick installation behind dashboard in less than 20 minutes
» Optional: "Smart remote" control
[To avoid costly returns, It is important to observe all requirements, warnings and install guide information prior to purchase.]
1. Exclusive to Porsche CR-1 and CR-2 radios found in vintage 911, 964, 993, 944, 968. Not applicable to Porsche CD-1 or CD-2 radios.
2. Porsche CD changer (CDC-1 and CDC-2) if present, must be disconnected and will no longer play. Purchase A2D-CR12 to retain CD changer functionality.
3. Not for Porsche CD-1 or CD-2 radios
4. Connects to 13-pin socket on radio.
» Main module (3" L x 3" W x 1.5" H) x 1
» Right angle 13-pin connecting cable
» Optional wireless remote control (click installation instructions below for details)
[See drop-down for reference]
Works on CR-1 (993), CR-1 (964) and CR-2 (964)
Avoid costly returns. Prior to ordering; please review your INSTALLATION GUIDE which also includes frequently asked questions.
1. Use audio device built-in controls and display to access music files. Radio buttons (except volume, tone controls ) do not apply.
2. CD changer (if present) must be disconnected and will no longer function
3. Supports music streaming only. Not for hands-free calls.
4. This kit does not ship same day. It must first be assembled after which it is then shipped using shipping method selected at checkout.