The C2A-MIT (formerly C2R-MIT) makes it possible to replace or retain Mitsubishi OE radio and replace or retain OE amplifier.
Many Mitsubishi & Dodge (import) owners looking to upgrade the Infinity systems in their cars will be pleased to find this kit. Upgrading the radio in these vehicles with Infinity premiums systems is not as easy as removing the old and placing an aftermarket unit in its place, but the C2A-MIT harness kit; makes it a breeze to replace OE radio and retain amplifier or replace OE amplifier and change out OE radio.
To replace "Infinity" radio with aftermarket and retain OE amp & speakers
1. Remove radio, disconnect rounded 6-pin DIN harness and 14-pin power plug
2. Connect factory rounded 6-pin DIN plug to C2A-MIT rounded 6-pin DIN socket.
3. Connect 14-pin power harness from kit to factory 14-pin plug
4. Connect aftermarket radio Amp "turn-on" lead to C2A-MIT blue lead.
5. Connect aftermarket radio power (yellow), ground (black), accessory (red) and illumination (orange) to 14-pin plug
6. Connect aftermarket radio RCA outputs to the C2A-MIT: (White-L-front, Gray-R-front, Green-L-rear, Purple, R-rear).
To keep "Infinity" radio and replace OE amp & speakers:
1. Under passenger front seat (in most vehicles), disconnect round 6-pin DIN plug from amplifier.
2. Connect round 6-pin DIN plug to C2A-MIT 6-pin socket
3. Connect C2A-MIT blue wire to the aftermarket amplifier turn-on lead.
4. Connect aftermarket radio RCA outputs to the C2A-MIT: (White-L-front, Gray-R-front, Green-L-rear, Purple, R-rear)
5. 14-pin power harness not used in this application.
Click installation diagram for details
When retaining OEM radio and replacing factory amp:
In some instances factory radio AMP turn-on lead may not provide enough current to activate aftermarket amp. If so we recommend a Voltage trigger
Footnotes: [See pull-down menu for reference]
*Select other if you have verified vehicle has an infinity system (6-pin plug)
1. Aftermarket radio must have at least 2 RCA pre-amp outputs otherwise a Y-splitter is required.
2. For Mitsubishi/Chrysler with "infinity" systems only. Non- "infinity" systems do not require this part.