Are you installing an aftermarket Navigation/DVD and need Speed Sensor, reverse and Accessory outputs?
The C2R-VW2 version 1.1.2b
(formerly Peripheral VWAH) is a time and money saver because it will help to get the job done right the very first time. Most new vehicles do not provide separate wires for VSS (speed sensor), Accessory, illumination etc. These are now provided through the BUS system and to gain these critical signals the C2R-VW2 radio replacement interface is required. The C2R-VW2 provides a 12Volt Accessory, Vehicle Speed Sense (VSS), illumination, Parking Break*, and Reverse gear indicator* making it ideal for installing aftermarket Navigation or non-navigation Radios while maintaining the vehicle wiring integrity (also great for lease vehicles). Works with and retains most Volkswagen's sound systems: Standard, Monsoon, or Dynaudio (see warning below). The small enclosure fits easily behind the radio inside the dash cavity. The C2R-VW2 is a perfect solution for whatever kind of radio you are installing, and has a direct plug-in connector
for the optional SWI-RC
Steering wheel interface with which customers can retain factory steering wheel control buttons after replacing the factory radio.
» Connects directly to aftermarket SWI-RC
Steering wheel interfaces (sold separately).
» Provides 12V Accessory output
» Provides Vehicle Speed Sense
» Provides illumination output
» Parking Break output * (see warning below)
» Reverse signal output * (see warning below)
» Includes matching power/speaker connector for easy plugin to factory radio plug
Click here for INSTALLATION MANUAL/DIAGRAM
1. 2011 Jetta: Does not currently provide a reverse output trigger
2. 2010-Up Vehicles: Does not retain the digital amplifier in Dynaudio systems
3. 2002-2005 Vehicles: In these year vehicles the C2R-VW2 does *NOT* provide a Reverse output trigger. You must be replacing a Double-DIN (4" tall) radio.
4. 2004-2007 Touareg: Does *NOT* retain digital audio amplifier in vehicles equipped with factory navigation radio
5. Steering wheel functions are lost when replacing the radio, however the SWI-RC can be used the C2R-VW2 to allow use of select steering wheel functions.
6. The Parking Brake is speed based. The C2R-VW2 will automatically send a Parking Brake signal when going below 4 Mph. The signal will shut off when going above 4 Mph.
DISCLAIMER: Under no circumstances shall the manufacturer or the distributors (Discount Car Stereo.com) of the C2R-VW2 parts be held liable for consequential damages sustained in connection with the C2R-VW2. The manufacturer and it’s distributors (Discount Car Stereo.com) will not, nor will they authorize any representative or any other individual to assume obligation or liability in relation to the C2R-VW2 other than its replacement.