For less than $50, boat owners are able to replace old Clarion radio, retain old remote without rewiring.
Many boat owners are left scratching their heads upon discovering their new Clarion radio won't plug into the remote extension cable. With this scenario, the boat owner is left to either pay thousands of dollars to have boat re-wired or forfeit the install, but for less than $50, the CCUMAR1 adapter cable makes it possible to install new radio and retain user of wired remote
Please review Clarion marine remote Application guide prior to ordering.
Why? All 2009 and up Clarion marine products were fitted with 8-pin cables and older radios/remotes were fitted with 6-pin cables and therefore most boats were also wired with 6-pin extension cables; however, in order to install a new radio will also require installing a new extension (cabin to helm) cable which is very costly if not impossible. Facing these odds the boat owner is left to either forfeit the radio upgrade or proceed with the upgrade and keep remote as an ornament; but thanks to the CCUMRA1 adapter cable, it is possible to use existing 6-pin cable to replace old 6-pin radio and retain old remote(s) with one small exception: the display on LCD remotes remain blank.
» Replace old radios to newer models (e.g. CMV1, CMD6, M505, M309, CMS1 etc.) and retain old remote (e.g. CMRC1, CMRC2, M101RC M102RC etc). -- See drop-down for listing.
» Works with existing 6-pin extension cable (M101RC) or 6-pin splitter cable (M101RYC)
» Mute button on non-LCD remotes (e.g. CMRC2 SB, CMRC2-BSS) may or may not function.
» Remotes with LCD display: LCD (e.g. NW1, NW2, etc.) will not illuminate (remains blank) - Don't ignore this warning!
» Old style Clarion wired remotes do not support IR remote signal pass-through.
Does my application require the CCUMRA1, CCUMRA2 or both?
1. If replacing older radio with a new 8-PIN radio and keeping old 6-PIN remote; purchase our CCUMAR1.
2. If keeping old radio and replacing old remote (6-pin) with a new remote (8-pin) , purchase our CCUMRA2
3. if replacing both the old radio and remote (6-pin) to new radio and remote (both with 8-pins), purchase (1) CCUMRA1 and (1) CCUMRA2. Please check application prior to ordering.
4. Not applicable to Clarion CMRC3 remote controls
Connect 8-Pin Male end to new radio and 6-pin Female end to factory installed 6-pin extension cable.
Footnotes: [See drop-down menu above for reference]
** Compatible with CCUMRA1 cable, but LCD display is not supported and Mute button (if equipped) may not function
1. The display on LCD remote controls (e.g. NW1, NW2, etc.) will NO longer illuminate, however function buttons (e.g. Track up/down, volume etc.) remain operational.
2. To connect a new 8-pin remote (e.g. NW1, NW2 etc), to an older (pre-2009) 6-pin radio, requires our CCUMRA2
3. Works only on Clarion marine products. Not applicable to other brands or mix-n-match applications.