For less than $40, boat owners are able to replace old Clarion radio, retain old remote without rewiring.
Many boat owners are left scratching their heads upon discovering their new Clarion radio wired remote cable won't fit old remote plug. With this scenario, boat owner is left to either pay thousands of dollars to have boat re-wired or forfeit the install, but for less than $40, the CCUMAR1 adapter cable makes it possible to install new radio and keep remote on upper deck, transom or dive platform etc.
Please review Clarion marine remote Application guide and installation instructions prior to ordering.
Why? All Clarion marine products 2009 and newer are fitted with 8-pin connections and prior to 2009 were fitted with 6-pin connections. Most boats have 6-pin remote extension cables; which means connecting a new radio and keeping old remote will be costly if not impossible. Facing these odds the boat owner is left to either forfeit the radio upgrade or proceed with the upgrade and keep remote as an ornament; but thanks to the CCUMRA1 adapter, it is possible to replace old 6-pin radio and retain remote(s) with one small exception: the display on LCD remotes remain blank (will no longer illuminate).
» Install newer Clarion radio (e.g. CMV1, CMD6, M505, M309, CMS1 etc.) and retain remote (e.g. CMRC1, CMRC2, M101RC M102RC etc.) -- See drop-down for listing.
» Works with existing 6-pin extension cable (M101RC) or 6-pin splitter cable (M101RYC)
» Mute button on non-LCD remotes (e.g. CMRC2 SB, CMRC2-BSS) may or may not function.
» All LCD remotes will no longer illuminate (remains blank), but functions buttons remain operational - Don't ignore this warning!
» Clarion older wired remotes do not support IR remote signal pass-through.
Do i need the CCUMRA1, CCUMRA2 or both?
1. To install a new 8-PIN radio and keep old 6-PIN remote; purchase our CCUMAR1.
2. To install a new remote (8-pin) and keep old radio (6-pin), purchase our CCUMRA2
3. To install a new radio and new remote (both with 8-pins), purchase (1) CCUMRA1 and (1) CCUMRA2. Please check application prior to ordering.
4. Not applicable to Clarion CMRC3 remote control
Connect 8-Pin Male to new radio and 6-pin Female to 6-pin extension cable leading to remote.
Warning: This cable DOES NOT retain remote LCD display. Once installed, the remote-control LCD display screen remains blank but buttons will continue to function.
Footnotes: [See drop-down menu above for reference]
** these are compatible but LCD display will not function. Mute button (if equipped) may not function
1. Any and all LCD remotes will NO longer illuminate, however function buttons (e.g. Track up/down, volume etc.) remain operational.
2. To connect newer 8-pin remote (e.g. NW1, NW2 etc), to an older (pre-2009) 6-pin radio, purchase our CCUMRA2
3. Works only on Clarion marine products. Not applicable to other brands or mix-n-match applications.