For less than $50, boat owners are able to replace old Clarion radio, retain old remote without rewiring.
Many boat owners are left scratching their heads upon discovering their new Clarion radio does not fit existing wired remote extension cable. With this scenario, the boat owner is left to either pay thousands of dollars to have boat re-wired or forfeit the install, but for less than $50, the CCUMAR1 adapter cable makes it easy to install new radio and retain wired remote(s).
Why? As of 2009, Clarion marine radios and wired remotes were fitted with 8-pins (older radios/remotes have 6-pin) and most boats were wired with 6-pin extension cables; installing a new radio will also require installing a new extension (cabin to helm) cable which is very costly if not impossible. Facing these odds the boat owner is left to either forfeit the radio upgrade or proceed with the upgrade and keep remote as an ornament; but thanks to the CCUMRA1 adapter cable, it is possible to use existing 6-pin cable to upgrade radio and retain old remote(s).
» Replace old radios to newer models (e.g. CMV1, CMD6, M505, M309, CMS1 etc.) and retain old remote (e.g. CMRC1, CMRC2, M101RC M102RC etc). -- See drop-down for listing.
» Works with existing 6-pin extension cable (M101RC) or 6-pin splitter cable (M101RYC)
» Mute button on non-LCD remotes (e.g. CMRC2 SB, CMRC2-BSS) may or may not function.
» The display on LCD remotes (e.g. NW1, NW2, etc.) will be blank (will no longer illuminate)
» Old style Clarion wired remotes do not support IR remote signal pass-through.
Does my application require the CCUMRA1, CCUMRA2 or both?
1. If replacing older radio with a new 8-PIN radio and keeping old 6-PIN remote; purchase our CCUMAR1.
2. If keeping old radio and replacing old remote (6-pin) with a new remote (8-pin) , purchase our CCUMRA2
3. if replacing both the old radio and remote (6-pin) to new radio and remote (both with 8-pins), purchase (1) CCUMRA1 and (1) CCUMRA2. Please check application prior to ordering.
Connect 8-Pin Male
end to new radio and 6-pin Female
end to factory installed 6-pin extension cable.
Please review Clarion marine remote Application guide prior to ordering.
1. The display on LCD remote controls (e.g. NW1, NW2, etc.) will NOT illuminate, however function buttons (e.g. Track up/down, volume etc.) remain operational.
2. To connect a new 8-pin remote (e.g. NW1, NW2 etc), to an older (pre-2009) 6-pin radio, requires our CCUMRA2 adapter cable.
3. Works only on Clarion marine products. Not applicable to other brands or mix-n-match applications.