Use this cable to replace old radio and retain old 6-pin wired remote control.
Many boat owners are left scratching their heads upon discovering the wired remote connector on their new Clarion marine radio does not match (fit) existing wired remote control cable. Why? Starting in 2009 Clarion decided to change their marine radios wired remote connector 6 to 8-pins making it impossible to connect older or existing wired remotes to these new radios. Facing these odds the boat owner must either re-wire and replace wired remote, forfeit the upgrade or proceed with the upgrade keeping old remote as ornament; but thanks to the CCUMRA1 cable, it is possible to use the old wired remote with many 2009+ marine radios.
» Connects Clarion (e.g. CMV1, CMD6, M505, M309, CMS1 etc.) to older remotes (e.g. CMRC1, CMRC2, M101RC M102RC etc).
» Works with Clarion 6-pin Y-cable (M101RYC) and 6-Pin marine extension cable (M101RXC)
» Mute button on non-LCD remotes (e.g. CMRC2 SB, CMRC2-BSS) may not function.
» Old style Clarion wired marine remotes do not support IR remote signal pass-through.
Does my application require the CCUMRA1, CCUMRA2 or both?
1. Upgrading to new 8-PIN radio and keeping older 6-PIN remote; Purchase the CCUMAR1.
2. Upgrading to new 8-pin remote and retaining old 6-pin radio, purchase our CCUMRA2
3. Upgrading both radio and remote (boat has 6-pin cable), both the CCUMRA1 and CCUMRA2 required. Please check application prior to ordering.
Connect 8-Pin Male
end to new radio and 6-pin Female
end to older remote cable.
Please review Clarion marine remote Application guide prior to ordering.
1. The display on LCD remote controls (e.g. NW1, NW2, etc.) will NOT illuminate, however function buttons (e.g.. Track up, down, volume etc.) remain operational.
2. To connect a new remote (e.g. NW1, NW2 etc), to an older (pre-2009) radio, purchase the CCUMRA2 adapter cable.
3. Works only on Clarion marine products. Not applicable to other brands or mix-n-match applications.