If looking to preserve your American classic as original possible while also being able to stream music from smartphone; look no further.
Wouldn't it be nice to simply step into your ride and be able to play music apps from smartphone without wires or cables dandling from the dash? Just because you drive an older car does not mean you have to settle for old technology and many have opted for a $30 cigar lighter FM transmitter (which has been around for decades), and not what we consider "new technology" while others have opted to to install an aftermarket radio, but does doing any of this add value to your American classic? These are two of many suggestions made for upgrading these cars, until now! Enter the BLU-C5. Our BLU-C5 kit is built exclusively for C5 Corvette owners who want to keep the original radio while also being able to enjoy internet music (Pandora, Spotify, XM radio, Apple music), audio books, GPS and and other important application while on the road to work or cruising around town without investing in a new radio or altering the look and feel of dashboard components. For added convenience an optional smart remote and charging port can be added (Click installation guide link below for details).
The BLU-C5 kit replaces 12-disc changer (if present); however, our A2D-C5 requires and retains 12-disc changer in trunk/hatch.
» Supports A2DP (music streaming) profile from any Smartphone, Tablet, Kindle and more.
Does not support phone calls. Purchase our A2DIY-C5 instead.
» Users may install module directly to radio behind the dash OR (if pre-wired); to 10-pin CD changer plug in trunk or hatch (Not FM modulated)
» Auto-pair/un-pair upon entering/existing vehicle (Will not drain car battery)
» Enjoy Apple music, turn by turn directions, music internet sites such as Pandora, Spotify etc. (Does not support phone calls)
» Ideal for those who prefer a wireless connection for Smartphone, Tablet, Kindle etc.
» Optional:"Smart remote" to control select smartphone functions (does not control radio functions)
» Optional: USB "Fast charging" kit for those power-hungry devices. (click installation guide link below for details)
[To avoid costly returns, It is important to observe all requirements, warnings and install guide information prior to purchase.]
1. Exclusive to 1997-04 Corvette (C5) with original factory AM/FM/CD or AM/FM/TAPE radio
2. If vehicle has 12-disc changer in rear, it must be disconnected. To preserve 12-disc changer, purchase our A2D-C5 instead.
3. The BLU-C5 does not interfere with functionality of existing radio (CD player or Tape player); however optional 12-disc changer in trunk/hatch (if present) must be disconnected.
4. Controls and display remain with audio device (e.g. Smartphone). C5 radio/display or buttons (except volume) do not apply
5. Users decide where to install module: behind radio cavity with PXHGM4 harness OR to 10-pin plug in trunk/hatch with PXHGM2 harness. Click installation guide link below for details.
» Bluetooth module x1 (3"x 3"x 1.5")
» Installation harness: PXHGM2 (To 10-pin plug in trunk/hatch) or PXHGM4 (To radio) x1
» Add-a-fuse Mini-Tap with 5A fuse x1 (With PXHGM2 trunk/hatch installs only)
» Optional: Smart remote control (Click installation instructions for details)
» Optional: USB "Fast charging" kit (Click installation guide link below for details)
Avoid costly returns. Click to review your Installation instructions and Frequently Asked Questions.
[ See drop-down for reference]
* All installs to the radio no longer require routing accessory wire to fuse panel.
1. Connect behind radio or 10-pin plug in trunk/hatch. CD changer (if present) must be disconnected. To preserve 12-disc changer purchase our A2D-C5 instead.
2. CD player built-into radio is not a CD changer. 12-disc changer (if present) resides at vehicles rear and must be disconnected.
3. Supports music streaming only. Not for phone calls (HFP). Our A2DIY-C5 Kit supports phone calls.
4. This kit must be assembled and is then shipped using shipping method selected at checkout.