Connect and play portable audio device in select Fords that includes a functioning remote CD changer.
Many Ford, Jaguar radio owners must disconnect the remote CD changer (in armrest, trunk or hatch etc.), or change radio in order to connect and play portable audio devices in their cars, but thanks to the AUX-FRDW those proud owners are able to enjoy music stored on their iPods, MP3 Players, Smartphones, Tablets and more without compromising the CD changer or replacing radio. If your vehicle has a working remote CD changer, simply connect the AUX-FRDW in line with the CD changer, install 3.5mm jack on or near dashboard, plug-in audio device and enjoy the best possible sound on car speakers. When in the mood for tunes in the changer, unplug audio device from jack-- its that simple.
Avoid costly returns. Click to review your Installation instructions and FAQ prior to ordering.
» Requires and retains use of factory remotely mounted changer Vehicle MUST have a working remote CD changer.
» Connect and play iPods, iPhones, Smartphones MP3 Players and etc.
» Use connected device to stream internet music sites like Spotify, Pandora. Tunein etc
» Connects to the 12-pin port on remote changer. Does not connect at to AM/FM radio)
» Retain original look and feel of dashboard components
» Plug-n-play (no wire splicing or cutting)
[These issues or circumstances may affect compatibility of our product with your radio or vehicle.]
1. Works in select 1995-Up Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Jaguar and Nissan with functioning remote CD changer. CD changer built-into AM/FM radio is NOT remote.
2. All vehicles must have a functioning remote changer. (Will *NOT* work without it)
3. Remote (External) changers are installed in hatch, trunk, armrest, below seat etc. (not built-into AM/FM radio).
4. Connects to the 12-pin connector at changer location.
5. The AUX-FRDW requires and retains the remote changer. A wireless Bluetooth solution available here
6. Cable available in 6 and 10 ft. lengths. Make selection from drop-down
» Main Aux cable (6 or 10 ft. long) x 1
» Free 3.5-3.5mm audio cable (3 ft. long) x1
Footnotes: [See drop-down for reference]
*CD6 changer built-into AM/FM radio is not external (remote). External CD changers are mounted in armrest, hatch, trunk etc.
1. A functioning remote CD changer (with at least one disc in magazine) required for proper operation.
2. 2004-07 radios with "SAT" and/or "CD AUX" button on face are NOT compatible.