Does your 1995-05 GM have a separate single CD, Tape player, or CD changer installed in lower dash or below climate controls? if so read on, otherwise click here
Many 1995-05 GM cars, trucks and Vans in addition to the main AM/FM Theftlock radio (in upper dash), may also have a separate single CD Player, Tape Player or CD changer in lower dash or below climate controls and if so, you are in luck! The AUX-GM1 cable allows these vehicle owners to connect and play portable audio devices (e.g. Smartphone, Tablet, iPod, MP3 Player etc.); while retaining the rest of the factory audio system. The AUX-GM1 connects to the AM/FM Theftlock radio 9-pin port and to the 3.5mm jack on portable audio devices. (For a wireless connection via Bluetooth, purchase our A2D-GM1 instead.) To listen to separate/slave unit, simply unplug audio cable form jack-- its that simple--- no complicated setup or wiring. Not sure what a separate/slave unit is? Click here or watch this Video starting at 2:55
For the AUX-GM1 to work, vehicle MUST HAVE a functioning separate/slave unit (don't ignore this warning). If vehicle does not have a separate unit, purchase our PXDXGM1 instead.
» For vehicles with separate/slave unit (CD Player, or Tape Player or muti-disc CD changer*) in lower dash
» Connect and play any audio device with 3.5mm jack (e.g. iPods, iPhones, Tablets, Smartphones, MP3 Players etc.)
» Stream music from popular sites like Spotify, Pandora etc.
» Use Smartphone to listen to apps (e.g. navigation etc) on the car speakers
» Retain original look and feel of dashboard components and factory wiring integrity.
» Connects directly to 9-pin port on radio (not slave unit). Others with 10-pin plug requires our AUX-GM2
» Plug-n-play (no wire splicing or cutting) or toggle switch
[To avoid costly returns, It is important to observe all requirements, warnings and install guide information prior to purchase.]
1. Works in 1995-05 models listed in drop-down with AM/FM Theftlock radio plus separate CD player, Tape player or muti-disc changer (Will not work without it.)
2. Vehicles without separate/ slave unit requires our PXDXGM1 Aux. input adapter.
3. Warning!! AM/FM TheftLock radio in upper dash is NOT a separate/slave unit. Separate/slave units are installed below climate controls or in lower dash. (See pictures)
4. For proper operation, a "Disc" or "Cassette" must be loaded to slave unit. If slave unit malfunctions in any way, the AUX-GM1 will not work.
5. Connects to 9-pin port on "ThefLock" radio in upper dash. (Does not connect at slave unit)
6. Cable is approximately 4 ft. long
» Main Aux harness (4 ft. long) x 1
» Free 3.5mm Male-Male audio cable (3 ft.) x1
Avoid costly returns. Click to review your Installation instructions and Frequent Asked questions and installation Video
Footnotes: [See drop-down for reference]
1. This cable WILL NOT WORK if separate/slave unit malfunctions in any way.
* The AM/FM TheftLock" radio in upper dash is NOT a separate/slave unit. Required separate unit can be seen here.
2. GM 32-pin port radios (e.g. Cadillac, Buick, Oldsmobile etc.); and others with remote CD changer requires our AUX-GM2
3. This kit must first be assembled after which it is then shipped using shipping method selected at checkout.