Does your 1995-05 GM have a Theftlock radio with separate CD Player, tape player, or CD changer in lower dash or below climate controls? if yes read on, otherwise click here.
Many 1995-05 GM cars, trucks and Vans in addition to the main Theftlock radio, may include a separate single CD Player, Tape Player or CD changer in lower dash or below climate controls and if so, you are in luck! The AUX-GM1 cable allows these users to connect an play Smartphone, Tablet, iPod, MP3 Player etc, without compromising the factory audio system. The AUX-GM1 connects to the 9-pin port on the Theftlock radio and to audio device via a 3.5mm jack. (For a wireless connection via Bluetooth, purchase our A2D-GM1 instead.) To listen to remote or slave unit, simply unplug audio cable form jack-- its that simple--- no complicated setup or wiring.
To better understand what a slave/separate unit is, watch this Video starting at 2:55 OR click see them here. Separate units include Tape player, CD player or multi-disc CD changer and not built-into the main Theftlock AM/FM radio. The AUX-GM1 requires at least one separate/slave unit to work, otherwise purchase our PXDXGM1
» For this cable to work, a "Theftlock" radio (in upper dash), and working separate/slave unit (CD Player, or Tape Player or muti-disc CD changer*) below climate controls or lower dash is required.
» Connect and play any audio device with 3.5mm jack (e.g. iPods, iPhones, Tablets, Smartphones, MP3 Players etc.)
» Stream music from popular sites like Spotify, Pandora etc.
» Use Smartphone to listen to apps (e.g. navigation etc) on the car speakers
» Retain original look and feel of dashboard components and factory wiring integrity.
» Fits 9-pin port on radio (not slave unit) GM with 10-pin CD changer plugs requires our AUX-GM2
» Plug-n-play (no wire splicing or cutting)
[These issues or circumstances may affect compatibility of this product with your radio or vehicle]
1. Works in 1995-05 vehicles in drop-down with either separate CD player, Tape player or muti-disc changer (Will not work without one )
2. If your vehicle does not have a slave unit--- Purchase our PXDXGM1 Aux. input adapter.
3. Warning!! AM/FM TheftLock radio in upper dash is NOT separate/slave. The required separate/slave unit is installed below climate controls or in lower dash. (See pictures)
4. For proper operation, a "Disc" or "Cassette" must be loaded to slave unit.
5. The AUX-GM1 connects directly to 9-pin port on "ThefLock" radio in upper dash. (Not to slave unit)
6. Cable is approximately 4 ft. long with (2) 9-pin connectors and a 3.5mm (1/8) jack.
» Main Aux harness (4 ft. long) x 1
» Free 3.5mm Male-Male audio cable (3 ft.) x1
Avoid costly returns. Click to review your Installation instructions or Video tutorial prior to purchase.
Footnotes: [See drop-down for reference]
1. Vehicle must have at least one separate/slave unit for the AUX-GM1 to function as described. Slave unit remains connected and fully functional.
* The AM/FM TheftLock" radio in upper dash is NOT a separate/slave unit. These are separate/slave units.
2. GM 32-pin port radios (e.g. Cadillac, Buick, Oldsmobile etc.); with remote CD changer requires the AUX-GM2
3. Assembly time required prior to shipping