This cable is exclusive to 1995-05 GM with a functioning separate player (CD, Tape or CD changer) in lower dash or below climate controls.
Many 1995-05 GM cars, trucks and Vans in addition to the main AM/FM/CD or Tape Theftlock radio (in upper dash), may also include a separate single CD, Tape or CD changer in lower dash or below climate controls. If your vehicle has at least one separate player, the AUX-GM1 cable allows for the connection and playback of portable audio devices (e.g. Smartphone, Tablet, iPod, MP3 Player etc.); while retaining the rest of the factory audio system. The AUX-GM1 connects to the AM/FM Theftlock radio 9-pin socket and includes a 3.5mm jack for portable audio devices. (For a wireless connection via Bluetooth, purchase our A2D-GM1 instead.) To listen to separate unit, simply unplug audio cable form jack-- its that simple--- no complicated setup or wiring. Not sure what the required separate unit is? Click here or view video clip starting at 2:54
For the AUX-GM1 to work as described, vehicle must include a functioning separate player. If separate player malfunctions in any way or is missing; the AUX-GM1 will not work. (don't buy to try, it won't work).
» For vehicles with main AM/FM Theftlock radio + separate player (CD, Tape or multi-disc CD changer*) in lower dash (must have at least one separate player)
» Connect and play any audio device with 3.5mm jack (e.g. iPods, iPhones, Tablets, Smartphones, MP3 players etc.)
» Connect smartphone to stream from internet music sites such as Spotify, Pandora etc.
» Retain original look and feel of dashboard components and factory wiring integrity.
» Connects directly to 9-pin port on radio (not separate player). Vehicles with 10-pin CD plug requires our AUX-GM2
» Plug-n-play (no wire splicing or cutting) or toggle switch
[To avoid costly returns, It is important to observe all requirements, warnings and install guide information prior to purchase.]
1. Works in 1995-05 listed in drop-down with main AM/FM radio and a functioning separate player: (CD, Tape or multi-disc changer) lower dash. (Will not work without one)
2. Warning!! Main AM/FM/CD or TAPE radio in upper dash is NOT a separate player. Separate players are installed below climate controls or lower dash.
3. For proper operation, a "Disc" or "Cassette" must be loaded to separate player. If separate player malfunctions in any way, the AUX-GM1 will not work.
4. Connects to 9-pin socket on main AM/FM/CD or Tape radio. (Does not connect to separate player)
5. Cable is approximately 4 ft. long
» Main Aux harness (4 ft. long) x 1
» Free 3.5mm Male-Male audio cable (3 ft.) x1
Avoid costly returns prior to ordering. See your Installation guide, Frequent Asked questions and install video
Footnotes: [See drop-down for reference]
1. This cable WILL NOT WORK if the required separate player malfunctions in any way.
* Main AM/FM/CD or TAPE Theftlock" radio in upper dash is NOT a separate player. For the AUX-GM1 to work, vehicle must have a main AM/FM/CD or TAPE radio PLUS separate player seen here.
2. GM 32-pin port radios (e.g. Cadillac, Buick, Oldsmobile etc.); and others with remote CD changer requires our AUX-GM2
3. This cable does not ship dame day. It must first be assembled after which it is then shipped using shipping method selected at checkout.