With the C2R-MIT you can replace or retain Mitsubishi factory Radio and Replace or Retain the factory amplifier.
Many Mitsubishi & Chrysler (import) owners looking to upgrade the INFINITY audio systems in their cars will be happy to have found this harness because upgrading the Radio in these vehicles is not as easy as removing the old and placing a new aftermarket unit in its place.
The C2R-MIT harness can be used to:
A. Replace "INFINITY" Radio with an aftermarket Radio And retain the Amp & Speakers
1. Remove the radio, disconnect the 6-pin DIN plug and connect it to the C2R-MIT.
2. Connect the Aftermarket Radio Amp "turn-on" lead to the BLUE wire on the C2R-MIT. (Required).
3. Connect the Aftermarket Radio RCA-preamp outputs to the C2R-MIT.
B. Retain "INFINITY" Radio and replace factory Amp & speakers.
1. Under Passenger Front Seat (in most vehicles), disconnect DIN plug from factory amplifier.
2. Connect DIN plug from factory amp to C2R-MIT
3. Connect C2R-MIT blue wire to the turn-on lead from aftermarket amplifier.
4. Connect the C2R-MIT RCA's to inputs from aftermarket amplifier
Plug & Play installation. Click here for details
When retaining the radio and replacing the factory amp:
In some instances the factory radio AMP turn-on lead may not provide enough current to activate the aftermarket amp, and if so we recommend a Voltage Trigger
[See pull-down menu for reference]
*Select other if vehicle has 8-pin plug and infinity system
1. Aftermarket radio must have at least 2 RCA preamp ouputs otherwise Y-Adapter cables are required.
2. Required in Mitsubishi/Chrysler "INFINITY" Audio Systems. Non- "INFINITY" System do not need this part.