Today, automobiles are rolling off the factory line complete with incredibly advanced network systems built in for safety, entertainment, communication and convenience, however many customers want to remove and replace the factory radio. The new RP5-GM31 (latest version 18.104.22.168) facilitates the installation of an aftermarket head unit or navigation radio in select 2006- Up GM vehicles listed in the "Select Compatible Vehicle" drop-down menu below equipped with or without OEM amplifier and also retains most original capabilities and features – including all OnStar, factory Bose, XM Radio, lane departure warnings, Retained Accessory Power (RAP), Vehicle Parking Assist (VPA), audible turn signals, and all factory seat belt, key-in, and headlight warning chimes, Bluetooth and factory-installed rear-seat video (except full-sized Trucks & SUVs with factory Navigation) . It also retains use of the factory steering wheel controls for use with Alpine, Clarion, Eclipse, JVC, Kenwood, Pioneer, Sony and many other protocols.
Avoid costly returns. Click to review installation instructions
» Retains OnStar™ Audio Plays through Front Factory Speakers
» Mutes Aftermarket Radio When OnStar™ is Active
» Retains Factory Bluetooth (2009+ model vehicles)
» Retains back-up camera signal
» Retains factory BOSE audio systems
» Rear seat audio and video (GMRVD) required and sold separately.
» Retains lane departure warning system
» Built-in steering wheel control interface
» Retains factory XM with text displayed on Driver information Center (cluster) display)
» Data Controlled RAP Accessory Output (Radio stays on after key is turned off)
» Retains Vehicle Warning Chimes, Rear Seat Audio Controls & Dual zone audio controls
» Retains back-up sensors/park assist
» Provides Reverse Wire Output, VSS (Vehicle speed sensor) Output, Parking Brake Output, illumination Output to new Radio
» RP5-GM31 main module x1
» CM-X Chime module x1
» OS-GM14 harness x1
» C4 harness for center channel/subwoofer x1
» Main harness with relay x1
» BAA20 Antenna adapter x1
1. In order to retain XM, vehicle must be equipped with steering wheel controls and a driver information center (DIC) and aftermarket radio must have aux input.
2. Also works in the select vehicles that do not have OnStar™
3. * 2012-Up GM trucks and SUVs equipped with factory navigation radios require the RP5-GM32 (Sold separately)
4. *2014+ Silverado and Sierra: Only compatible with 2500 & 3500 series trucks with non-navigation radios. 1500 series must use the RP5-GM51
5. Chevrolet Express vans & GMC Savannah vans equipped with diesel engines are not compatible
6. Sony Bluetooth SWC commands are only supported with revision 22.214.171.124 or higher
7. In Premium Amplified Systems (i.e Y91 digital) there will be no fading capability of the aftermarket stereo.
8. Does not retain escalating tones of parking sensor proximity
9. Does not retain lane departure or forward collision warning tones.
Disclaimer: : Under no circumstances shall the manufacturer or distributors (Discount Car Stereo.com) of the RP5-GM31 parts be held liable for consequential damages sustained in connection with the RP5-GM31. The manufacture and it’s distributors (Discount Car Stereo.com) will not, nor will they authorize any representative or any other individual to assume obligation or liability in relation to the RP5-GM31 other than its replacement.