Peripheral PXAMG was named "Best iPod adapter that uses the car's big display and controls" by BestDiscovery.com and is the first-ever Automotive Media Gateway for numerous Acura and Honda.In CD changer emulation mode, customers have direct access to 6 playlist and can also use the iPod/iPhone in manual control mode, however in this mode there is no text display on the radio. XM emulation (Radios with XM button) Integration Solution seamlessly integrates iPod™, HD/Sirius Radio™, Bluetooth technology and many other portable media products into the factory audio system—without compromising the factory features and controls. Unlike many integration solutions, the iSHD571 retains OEM satellite radio, rear-seat entertainment controls and key driver convenience features to deliver a seamless user experience in most vehicles. The iSHD571 works with the iPhone and all iPod versions that use the standard 30-pin dock connector (Mini, Nano, Touch, Classic, Video, Photo) and provides dual iPod control from either the click wheel or the factory radio buttons, allowing users to track forward and back for songs and browse by Artist, Playlist, Genre, and Album. If controlled from XM radio control buttons, this information is displayed on the radio screen for easy navigation. In addition to the iPod the Gateway also is capable of the following Add - Ons:
1. HD Radio (XM Emulation only) receive HD radio stations that can not be received with a standard tuner. Unlike Satellite radio, HD Radio has no monthly subscription fees and users enjoy crystal-clear AM and FM reception and expanded content with exciting new formats. (HDRT tuner sold separately)
2. Sirius satellite radio: (XM Emulation only) Listen to what you want when you want, wherever you are. A SC-C1 Sirius tuner and cable (PXAMGSR) required and sold separately.
3. Bluetooth (XM Emulation Only) Supports hands-free calling on the iPhone 3G, 3Gs & 4G. The iSBT21 Bluetooth adapter is required (sold separately)
The total evolution of Peripheral’s next generation iSHD571 iPod interface integrates completely in all vehicles listed on this APPLICATION GUIDE and drop-down.
• Charges the iPod's™ internal battery.
• Ability to display artist name, song title, album title, Playlist name on Radio screen. (XM Emulation)
• Retains (does not disable) factory installed Satellite Radio, Rear Seat Entertainment system (exceptions below- see application guide).
• HD Radio Ready. (XM Emulation)
• Sirius Radio Ready. (XM Emulation)
• Bluetooth Ready. (XM Emulation)
• Controls include track forward, track back, fast forward, rewind, shuffle and repeat
• Audio feed directly into the factory radio to retain digital sound quality
• Control of iPod and HD/Sirius Tuner (sold separately) using factory radio buttons and/or steering wheel controls.
• Compatible with audio features/controls on iPod™ Mini, Nano (ALL), Photo, Video, Touch (ALL), Classic, iPhone (ALL).
• Browse iPod by: Song, Artist, Album, Genre, Playlist. (XM Emulation)
[These issues or circumstances may affect compatibility of our product with your radio or vehicle.]
1. Compatible with select 2003-11 HONDA & ACURA XM or CD changer ready radios ( "XM" or "AUX" button ) listed in the pull-down menu below. See footnotes.
2. Factory navigation radios equipped with a USB input do not support CD changer emulation mode
3. Radios equipped with a “CDL” button are not compatible
4. In vehicles using CD changer emulation mode: if the vehicle has an external 6-disc changer, it must be disconnected.
5. All installation (expect Nav-Traffic applications) requires a PGHHD1 vehicle specific harness (included).
» iSHD571 interface adapter x 1
» iPod dock connecting cable (Podcblbm-5V) x1 (11 ft. long)
» Auxiliary input cable (PX35RCA) x1
» Instruction Manual x1
» PGHHD1 (14-pin) vehicle specific harness x1.
» Warranty Information sheet x 1
[See pull-down menu below for reference]
**Honda Element equipped with radio part # 2BW0 is *NOT* compatible
. This number can be found on the LCD display just above preset number five.
*2008+ Acura TL & MDX equipped with XM Nav-Traffic use the PGHHD2C harness (discontinued) for satellite radio emulation mode
1. iPod text is only supported on radios that are equipped with an XM or Sat button (XM Emulation). CD Changer emulation mode does *NOT* support iPod text
2. 2008+ Acura TL & MDX equipped with XM Nav-Traffic must purchase the PGHHD2C (discontinued) installation harness for XM radio Emulation mode.
3. Honda Element equipped with radio part # 2BW0 is *NOT* compatible. This number can be found on the LCD display just above preset number five.
8-PIN Mini-DIN Inputs (left)
Connect the iPod (Port 1), The HDRT OR PXAMGSR OR Aux cable PX35RCA (Port 2).
DIP Switches (center)
Set according to installation manual.
USB Connector (right)
Use to connect the iSHD571 to a computer to update software.
24-pin Molex connector
Connects to the vehicle specific harness: PGHHD1