When you decide to replace the radio in a CAN-BUS vehicle with the factory Amp a special interface is required.
The New RP4-CH11 (Revision 1.3.3) Radio Replacement Interface requires no programming or complex installation methods. In one unit you get a complete solution for radio replacement and steering wheel control functions. The RP4-CHY11 communicates directly with the vehicle’s databus and comes pre-loaded with software that retains OEM amplifier, Steering wheel Software, 12V Accessory, Vehicle Speed Sense (VSS), Illumination, Parking Brake, and Reverse gear indicator features making it ideal for installing aftermarket Navigation or non-navigation Radios while maintaining the vehicle wiring integrity (also great for lease vehicles). If not retaining steering wheel controls, use the C2R-CHY4 instead.
1. Does not retain uConnect.
» Connects directly to the 3.5mm Steering wheel control jack on select aftermarket radios.
» Provides 12V Accessory output and Vehicle Speed Sensor output (VSS) for Navigation system installation
» Provides illumination output, Parking Break output and Reverse signal output (not for manual transmission)
» Includes (2) matching power/speaker connector for easy plugin to factory plugs (BHA1818 or BHA6522-type)
» Retains Rear DVD*- Requires CHYRVD (sold separately)
» Auto detects the presence of a factory amplifier and turns it on by the CAN-BUS command triggered by remote input wire from aftermarket head-unit
[Please read and understand the following requirements must be met.]
1. Use to replace Navigation Radio (REC), 6 Disc/MP3 (RAQ), 6 Disc/Cassette (RAK), CD/MP3 Player (RES), Single Disc (REF) radios in select 2004-16 Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep & VW. (click here to locate Radio code).
2. The small enclosure fits easily behind the radio inside the dash cavity and is a perfect solution for whatever kind of radio you are installing.
3. Preloaded Steering wheel software for Alpine, Kenwood, JVC, Clarion, Fusion, Pioneer, Sony, Boyo, Dual, Lightning Audio, Visteon or Advent Radios with Steering Wheel controls
Click here for INSTALLATION MANUAL/DIAGRAM
2. In Premium Amplified Systems only two input channels can be used from the aftermarket radio, therefore the aftermarket stereo will not fade
3. *CHYRVD (sold separately) is required in vehicles with VES.
DISCLAIMER:Under no circumstances shall the manufacturer or the distributors (Discount Car Stereo.com) of the RP4-CH11 parts be held liable for consequential damages sustained in connection with the RP4-CH11. The manufacturer and it’s distributors (Discount Car Stereo.com) will not, nor will they authorize any representative or any other individual to assume obligation or liability in relation to the RP4-CH11 other than its replacement.