Integrate aftermarket amplifier of choice to select Blaupunkt & Porsche OE radios with 8-pin DIN pre-amp output.
If you love the look and features of your vintage radio but feel the system lacks power and/or bass; it may be time to consider adding an amplifier or powered subwoofer etc. The factory radio in many European vehicles (e.g. BMW, Mercedes, Porsche etc.) includes an 8-pin DIN pre-amp socket for optional OE amplifier but because amplifiers are only installed in HI-FI systems; adding an aftermarket amplifier is possible thanks to the AAI-BLAU.
Once connected to the 8-pin DIN pre-amp output on Blaupunkt SQR 46, SQR 47, SQR 48 (e.g. Reno, Toronto, Lexington, Heidelberg, Bremen, Washington etc.) and Porsche CD-1, CD-2, CD-10, CR-1, CR-2, 7801; up to 4-line level outputs (LF, LR, RL, RR) and +12V trigger signal are supplied to amplifier.
1. Remove Blaupunkt/Porsche radio from dash and locate 8-pin DIN socket.
2. Connect harness round 8-pin DIN plug to radio pre-amp socket
3. Connect Rear (long) and Front (short) RCA's to interconnects (Sold separately) and route to amplifier.
4. Blue lead must be extended and connected to amplifier turn-on terminal.
1. Applicable to integrating aftermarket amplifier to vintage Porsche & Blaupunkt OE radios with 8-pin pre-amp output only.
2. To integrate aftermarket amplifiers in Hi-Fi systems, purchase our ARH-BLAU or ARH-NKA
3. This kit does not ship same day. It must first be assembled after which it is then shipped using shipping method selected at checkout.