Replace Becker radio with Continental /VDO and retain factory installed Bose, Nokia or HAES amplifier.
Continental/VDO radios are slowly becoming the replacement radio choice for many Becker equipped European vehicles, but unfortunately these replacement radios lack line-level output or wiring required to drive factory Nokia, Bose or HAES 4x40W or 6x40W HI-FI amplifiers (usually under passenger seat, trunk etc.) The ARH-CONTI plug-n-play solution connects to the 6-pin (yellow) pre-amp plug behind the dash and to Continental/VDO 8-pin speaker socket (B ). With the ARH-CONTI in place, the factory Hi-Fi amplifier will continue to perform exactly as it did with OE radio.
NOTES: If installing aftermarket radio with RCA preamp-outputs (e.g. Kenwood, Pioneer, Blaupunkt Bremen SQR46 DAB etc.); purchase our ARH-BKR instead.
The ARH-CONTI applies to Becker radios only. NOT applicable to Alpine or Blaupunkt radios in Mercedes, Landrover, Porsche.
» Compatible with Continental/VDO radios listed in drop-down.
» Use to replace Becker factory radios and retain factory amplifier in select European Luxury vehicles (e.g. Mercedes, Porsche, Ferrari, Land Rover etc.)
» Provides 4-Full range Line-level outputs (Front and Rear) to factory amp
» Provides turn-on signal to factory amp
» Signal sensing LED indicator
» Converts radio's 8-pin speaker output (B) to line-level
» Pre-swapped ignition & battery leads matching replacement radio wiring scheme.
1. Connect harness 8-pin brown plug to Continental/VDO radio socket (B)
2. Connect OE 8-pin black plug to harness 8-pin black connector
3. Connect harness 8-pin black plug to Continental/VDO radio socket (A)
4. Connect OE 6-pin amplifier plug to harness yellow connector.
* For Becker radios in premium systems (6-pin yellow plug) only. Not for Alpine (e.g. Mercedes) or Blaupunkt (e.g. Porsche) radios.
1. Applicable to replacing Becker OE radios in listed Euro vehicles with Nokia, Bose or Haes Hi-Fi amplifier only.
2. Not applicable to Continental/VDO 24-Volt radios
3. This harness does not ship same day. It must first be assembled (built) after which it is then shipped using shipping method selected at checkout.