If your 2003-12 GM has an XM Tuner module in remote area, this easy peasy auxiliary jack is for you!
Did you know many 2003-12 GM Truck, cars and Suv's were factory equipped with XM and even though trial period or subscription may have expired, the XM tuner module remains which is great news if wanting to add an aux input jack to your ride. The XM tuner module is a metal box installed in a remote location, not built-into the AM/FM radio. How to i know if vehicle has required XM Tuner module? Easy: Press "BAND" button until XM is displayed; if only AM, FM is displayed, vehicle does NOT have required XM tuner and will require an auxiliary input adapter instead. With the AUX-GM3x installed, users can connect and play portable audio devices (e.g. smartphone, iPod, MP3 player and more). To install simply connect male plug to XM Tuner Module (usually behind glove box, hatch or trunk area), route and install 1/8" (3.5 mm) jack on or near dashboard and connect audio device. When in the mood for XM (if subscribed), unplug audio cable from jack-- its that simple--- no complicated setup or wiring. If you prefer wireless , the same can be accomplished with our A2D-GM3x.
Avoid Costly Returns. Click to review your Installation guide and Frequent Asked Questions prior to ordering.
» Vehicle must have XM radio Tuner (DRR Module) with or without subscription.
» Connect and play iPods, iPhones, MP3 Players, Tablet, Smartphones and more
» Use Smartphone or Tablet to stream music apps, turn-by turn navigation and more
» Retain original look and feel of dashboard components.
» Connects to XM Module in remote location. As an alternate, our AUX-GM3 connects to Radio.
[To avoid costly returns, It is important to observe all requirements, warnings and install guide information prior to purchase.]
1. Works in 2003-12 GM Class-II models listed in drop-down With XM Tuner Module (regardless of subscription status)
2. Installs (connects) to XM Tuner module 16-pin plug in remote location (not to radio). Click installation guide for possible XM tuner location.
3. Subscription not required but XM Tuner is a must have. Vehicles without XM Tuner requires our PXDXGM3 adapter.
4. If subscribed select "Subscribed"; or NOT subscribed. If NOT currently subscribed but plan to at a later date; select "Subscribed"
5. Available in 4 (default), 6, 8, 12 and 15 ft. lengths. Meandered between XM tuner location and dashboard are. Select cable length from drop-down above.
» Main Aux harness x 1
» Free 3.5mm Male-Male audio cable (3 ft long) x1
[See drop-down for reference]
* In these vehicles XM Tuner is at the very rear (trunk/hatch) and requires a 12-15 ft cable.
** Cable lengths longer than 12 ft. are gray (not black)
1. To check for XM Tuner presence, press "BAND" button on radio repeatedly until XM is displayed. If only AM, FM, is displayed, vehicle does NOT include module. click here for alternate.
2. Vehicle MUST HAVE XM Tuner to be compatible (subscription is optional).
3. XM Tuner is a metal box in remote area; not built-into AM/FM radio. Click here for help locating XM tuner.
4. Assembly required.