New hands-free laws are in effect in many states and if your 1st Generation Cadillac CTS or SRX has an XM module; the A2DIY-CTSx Bluetooth kit is for you!
Using a phone in any way while driving can be dangerous, and if your First generation CTS or SRX still runs great but lack support for more attractive modern media formats such as Bluetooth, and if well beyond listening to CD's, Cassettes or same old commercials on the radio; the A2DIY-CTSx is for you! The A2DIY-CTSx kit upgrades Cadillac CTS and SRX with XM module (U2K package), to support Bluetooth features only available on newer cars. Hands-free Profile: (HFP) is not only less distracting than trying to juggle a phone while steering but also the only legal way to do it in many states. Music streaming: (A2DP) allows users to wirelessly play internet music, listen to turn-by-turn directions and more. XM radio retention: subscribers retain their subscription, but if XM has expired, an AUX input jack is provided to which uses may connect and play portable audio devices (e.g. MP3 players, Satellite radio kits, iPods etc.). A media remote control is included to change tracks, play/pause, adjust device volume, answer/end calls etc. all while keeping eyes on the road. An optional USB "Smart charging" kit can be added to keep devices charged. After initial pairing, the module (hidden behind the dash) automatically connects/disconnects upon entering/existing vehicle. How can I confirm vehicle has required XM module? Simply press radio's "BAND" button repeatedly until XM is displayed, if only AM/FM is displayed; vehicle does not have required XM module and unfortunately incompatible with this module.
Avoid costly returns. Please read these installation instructions and FAQ's prior to ordering.
» Bluetooth® 4.1 (for music streaming (A2DP) and Hands-Free (HPF) profiles.
» Supports aptX™, MP3, AAC and SBC audio codecs ensures higher quality audio encoders over Bluetooth.
» Quick and easy installation in less then 30 minutes.
» Auto-pair/un-pair upon entering/exiting vehicle.
» Listen to turn-by-turn directions as you drive
» Stream internet music services such as Pandora, Spotify, Apple music and more.
» Connects to 8-pin port on the back of radio.
» Option to retain XM playback (if subscribed)-- Select from options in drop-down
» New! Media remote control
» Optional "Smart charging" kit to keep devices charged while on the road
[To avoid costly returns, It is important to observe all requirements, warnings and install guide information prior to purchase.]
1. Works in 2003-07 CTS and 2004-06 SRX with XM module (Module required regardless of subscription status.)
2. To verify compatibility: Press "BAND" button repeatedly until XM is displayed. if only AM, FM is displayed, this module will NOT work.
3. To retain XM subscription, select "Subscribed" otherwise select "Not subscribed". (XM module required regardless of subscription status)
4. XM module (u2K option), is a metal box (8" x 6" x 3 ") installed on rear deck (CTS) and side panel (SRX). XM module is not built-into the AM/FM radio.
5. Works on CTS navigation and non-navigation radios
6. Works on SRX non-navigation radio only. *SRX Navigation radio is NOT compatible.
7. Installs/connects behind the dash.
» Main module x1 (3" L x 2" W x 1" H)
» Installation harness x1
» Microphone with visor clip on 10 ft. cable x1
» 3.5mm male-male audio cable (non-subscribers only) 3ft. x1
» Accessory wire for Bose radios only (5 ft.)
» New! Media remote control with steering wheel holder
» Optional: USB "Smart charging" Kit (click installation instructions for details)
1. Connects to the back of the radio. Click installation guide for details.
2. *Not compatible with SRX navigation radios.
3. This kit must does not ship same day. It must first be assembled (built) after which it is then shipped using shipping method selected at checkout.