Play portable audio devices on early Jaguar audio systems without investing in a new radio.
While it is true that due to their lack of support for more attractive modern media formats, many have opted to replace the original radio, but those adamant about keeping their vehicle as original possible we offer a line of adapters sure to open up a lot of different options for listening to music and other audio content. The AUX-JAG97 Auxiliary input adapter works on 1986-97 radios with "TAPE/CD" button on faceplate (e.g. DBC10425, DBC6437 etc.) to provide a 3.5mm input which can be used to connect and play music from Smartphone, MP3, iPod, Tablet and more. (If a wireless solution is preferred; see our A2D-JAG97 instead.
Avoid costly returns. Click to review your installation instructions and Frequent Asked Questions prior to ordering.
Connect behind radio or to pre-wired CD changer port in trunk/boot or hatch, connect audio device, press "CD" button on radio and enjoy crystal clear audio playback from audio device. This solution is the accessory you want if looking for wired connection for Smartphone, MP3, iPod etc. without investing in a new radio.
» Vehicle radio must be able to control optional CD changer ("TAPE/CD" button on radio faceplate)
» Supports any audio device with 3.5mm jack
» Plug-n-play to stereo in dash OR 8-pin CD changer port in trunk/boot.
» CD changer (if present) must be disconnected. To retain CD changer playback purchase our JAG97-AUX
[These issues or circumstances may affect compatibility of our product with your radio/vehicle.]
1. Works in 1986-94 XJ40, 1994-97 X300 (XJ6, XJR6, XJ6, XJ12,XJR, VP,), radio model numbers: AJ9500(A/R), AJ9200W, AJ9475A, AJ9100R, LHE4100FA(BA) etc.
2. Works in early 1997 XK8 (X100) with AJ9500R radio etc.
3. Not for late 1997 X8 (x100) with Ai-NET connector. These require our AUX-JAG or AUX-JAGR
4. Replaces the CD changer (if present). Purchase our A2D-JAG97 to retain CD changer.
» Main module (82mm x 57mm x 33mm ) x1
» 3.5mm male-male audio cable (3 ft.) x1 (radio installs)
» 3.5mm male-male audio cable (16 ft.) x1 (trunk/hatch installs)
[ See drop-down for reference]
* early 1997 XK8 radio with 8-pin CD port. Late 1997 XK8 (X100) requires our AUX-JAG
1. Connects to radio behind the dash Or Pre-wired CD changer plug in trunk/boot.
2. Controls and display remain with audio device. Radio buttons (except volume) do not apply.
3. This kit must first be assembled (built) after which it is then shipped using shipping method selected at checkout.