Any 2003-12 GM vehicle with hideaway XM module (U2K) can benefit from this easy-peasy auxiliary input jack!
Many 2003-12 GM truck, cars and SUV's were fitted with RPO U2K (XM package) and free 3 month trial which means the hideaway XM module likely remains in vehicle which is great news if looking to connect and play an audio device. To verify vehicle has required hideaway XM module; Press "BAND" button on AM/FM radio to switch between FM1, FM2, AM, XM1 and XM2; if XM1/2 appears your vehicle supports our AUX-GM3X, but If only FM and AM bands are displayed; this cable, sadly will NOT work.
Avoid costly returns. Prior to ordering; please read your INSTALLATION GUIDE which also includes frequently asked questions.
With the AUX-GM3x installed; users may connect and play portable audio devices (e.g. Smartphone, iPod, MP3 player and more). To install; connect male 16-pin plug to XM module (usually behind glove box, hatch or trunk area), route and secure jack on or near dashboard (4mm or 5/32" shaft) and plug-in audio device. When in the mood for XM (if subscribed), unplug audio cable from jack-- its that simple--- no complicated setup or wiring. If a wireless Bluetooth connection is proffered; purchase our A2D-GM3x instead.
» Vehicle must have hideaway XM module with or without subscription.
» Connect and play iPods, iPhones, MP3 players, Tablet, Smartphones and more
» Smart devices are able to stream from popular music sites, turn-by turn navigation and more
» Retain original look and feel of dashboard components.
» Connects to hideaway XM module (not to radio). Alternately purchase our AUX-GM3 which connect at the AM/FM radio.
[To avoid costly returns, It is important to observe all requirements, warnings and install guide information prior to purchase.]
1. Works in 2003-12 GM Class-II vehicles listed in drop-down with hideaway XM module (subscribed or not subscribed)
2. Connects to 16-pin plug at the hideaway XM module (Does not fit AM/FM radio). Click installation guide for possible XM module location.
3. Subscription not required but vehicle must have hideaway XM module Will not work without it.
4. If subscribed; select "Subscribed"; not subscribed; select "Not subscribed". If NOT currently subscribed but plan to at a later date; select "Subscribed". Vehicle must have hideaway XM module regardless of subscription status.
5. Available in 4 (default), 6, 8, 10 and 15 ft. lengths. Measure distance between hideaway XM module and potential jack location. Select cable length from drop-down.
» 16-pin main harness (4-15 ft.) x 1
» AUX jack with 4mm or 5/32" shaft
» Free 3.5mm male-male audio cable (3 ft. long) x1
[See drop-down for reference]
* In these vehicles hideaway XM module is at the very rear (trunk/hatch) area and requires 12-15 ft cable.
** Cables longer than 12 ft. are gray (not black)
1. Vehicle MUST HAVE hideaway XM module to be compatible. Subscription is optional. Don't ignore this.
2. Hideaway XM module is a metal box in remote area; not built-into AM/FM radio. Click here for help locating XM module.
3. This cable does not ship same day. It must first be assembled (built) after which it is then shipped using shipping method selected at checkout.