Any 2003-12 GM with an XM Tuner module in remote area, can benefit from this easy peasy auxiliary jack!
Did you know many 2003-12 GM Truck, cars and SUV's may have been equipped with RPO U2K (XM tuner) package and 3 month trial. Regardless of subscription status, the XM tuner remains in vehicle and that is great news if looking to play aux device on car speaker. The required XM tuner is a metal box installed in a remote location, (not built-into AM/FM radio). To verify vehicle has required XM tuner; Press "BAND" button until XM is displayed; if only AM, FM is displayed, vehicle does NOT have required XM tuner,for the AUX-GM2x to work. With the AUX-GM3x installed, users can connect and play portable audio devices (e.g. smartphone, iPod, MP3 player and more). To install simply connect male plug to XM Tuner module (usually behind glove box, hatch or trunk area), route and install 1/8" (3.5 mm) jack on or near dashboard and connect audio device. When in the mood for XM (if subscribed), unplug audio cable from jack-- its that simple--- no complicated setup or wiring. If you prefer wireless , the same can be accomplished with our A2D-GM3x.
Avoid Costly Returns. Please read these Installation instructions and Frequent Asked Questions prior to ordering.
» Vehicle must have XM tuner module with or without subscription.
» Connect and play iPods, iPhones, MP3 players, Tablet, Smartphones and more
» Use Smartphone or Tablet to stream music apps, turn-by turn navigation and more
» Retain original look and feel of dashboard components.
» Connects to XM tuner box in remote location. As an alternate, our AUX-GM3 connects to AM/FM radio.
[To avoid costly returns, It is important to observe all requirements, warnings and install guide information prior to purchase.]
1. Works in 2003-12 GM Class-II vehicles listed in drop-down With XM Tuner module (with or without subscription )
2. Connects to 16-pin plug on XM tuner module in remote location (DOES NOT FIT AM/FM radio). Click installation guide for possible XM tuner location.
3. Subscription not required but XM Tuner module is a must have. Will not work without XM tuner box.
4. Subscribed? select "Subscribed"; Not subscribed? select "Not subscribed". If NOT currently subscribed but plan to at a later date? select "Subscribed". Not subscribe mean vehicle has XM tuner but subscription has expired.
5. Available in 4 (default), 6, 8, 10 and 15 ft. lengths. Measure distance between XM tuner module location and potential jack location. Select cable length from drop-down.
» Main Aux harness x 1
» Free 3.5mm Male-Male audio cable (3 ft long) x1
[See drop-down for reference]
* In these vehicles XM Tuner is at the very rear (trunk/hatch) and we recommend 12-15 ft cable.
** Cables longer than 12 ft. are gray (not black)
1. Press "BAND" button on radio repeatedly until XM is displayed. If only AM, FM, is displayed, vehicle does NOT include module.
2. Vehicle MUST HAVE XM tuner module to be compatible, however; subscription is optional). Don't ignore this.
3. XM Tuner module is a metal box in remote area; not part of the AM/FM radio. Click here for help locating XM tuner.
4. This cable must first be assembled after which it is then shipped using shipping method selected at checkout.