Any 2003-12 GM with a remote/external CD changer, RSE (DVD) or XM module (U2K) are able to support this AUX input jack.
GM owners looking for ways to connect and play portable audio devices on the car system will be pleased to find our AUX-GM3 aux input cable. For the AUX-GM3 to work, said vehicle must be equipped with either an XM module (U2K), separate/external CD changer* or RSE (DVD). (Vehicle must have at least one factory option). To install this cable simply remove the AM/FM radio from dash, connect 12-pin plug to 12-pin socket behind dashboard, route and secure 1/8" (headphone) jack on or near the dashboard. When in the mood for tunes in remote changer or XM (if subscribed) or RSE, simply unplug audio cable from jack-- its that simple--- no complicated setup or wiring. With the AUX-GM3, GM owners are able to connect and play portable audio devices on the car stereo system while retaining fully functioning remote CD changer, XM subscription or RSE (DVD).
» Works in vehicles with Remote/External CD changer* or XM module (Subscribed or not subscribed) or RSE (DVD).
» Play many audio devices including iPods, iPhones, Smartphones MP3 players and more
» Stream music from popular sites like Spotify, Pandora etc.
» Use Smartphone to listen to apps (e.g. navigation etc.) on car speakers
» Retain original look and feel of dashboard components and wiring integrity
» This cable connects to 12-pin socket behind the AM/FM radio (radio removal required). Purchase our AUX-GM3x which connects to 16-pin socket on XM module (U2K).
[To avoid costly returns, It is important to observe all requirements, warnings and install guide information prior to purchase.]
1. Works in 2003-12 vehicles listed in drop-down with an XM module, RSE or remote CD changer* (not referencing 6- disc changer built into AM/FM radio)
2. To be compatible, your vehicle must have at least (1) factory option: Remote CD changer or XM module (U2K) or RSE.
3. Vehicles without remote CD changer, XM module or RSE; are NOT compatible. Don't buy to try-- it won't work!!
4. Vehicles with XM module only: If subscription has expired but plan to renew at a later date; purchase "subscribed" otherwise XM will not play upon renewal. See drop-down menu.
5. Cable is 4 ft. long with matching 12-pin plug/socket and 3.5mm (1/8) jack.
6. Connects to headunit 12-pin socket. Will not fit or connect to the 16-pin socket on XM module in remote location.
» 12-pin Aux harness (4 ft long) x 1
» Free 3.5mm Male-Male audio cable (3 ft. long) x1
Avoid costly returns prior to ordering. Please read your installation guide including Frequently Asked Questions.
Footnotes: [ See drop-down for reference]
1. Connects to the back of the AM/FM radio (Radio removal required).
* CD changer references made herein are to this 6, 10 or 12-disc changer in center armrest, hatch or trunk etc. The 6-CD changer built-into AM/FM radio is internal, not remote.
*XM module is also not built-into AM/FM radio but rather a metal box in remote areas (e.g. trunk, below glovebox, etc.) (don't ignore this)
2. To check if vehicle has XM module (U2K); Press "BAND" to switch between AM, FM and XM. If only AM/FM is displayed; vehicle does not have XM module.
3. This cable does not ship same day. It must first be assembled after which it is then shipped using shipping method selected at checkout.