Connects to 12-pin socket on AM/FM/CD or TAPE radio in 2003-12 GM with remote CD changer, RSE (DVD) or hideaway XM module (U2K).
GM owners looking for ways to connect and play portable audio devices on car system will be pleased to find our AUX-GM3 AUX input jack cable. For this cable to work, your 2003-12 GM must have at lest one external player (not built-into radio) such as XM module (U2K), remote CD changer* or RSE (DVD). (CD changer or XM are not built-into radio but in remote location). To install, simply remove AM/FM radio from dash, connect 12-pin plug to radio's 12-pin socket, route and secure 1/8" (headphone) jack on or near the dashboard. When in the mood for tunes in remote changer or XM (if subscribed) or RSE, simply unplug audio cable from jack-- its that simple--- no complicated setup or wiring. With the AUX-GM3, GM owners are able to connect and play portable audio devices on the car stereo system while retaining a fully functioning factory option.
» Works in vehicles with Remote CD changer* or XM module (Subscribed or not subscribed) or RSE (DVD).
» Play audio devices including iPods, iPhones, Smartphones MP3 players and more
» Connect smart device and stream music from popular sites like Spotify, Pandora etc.
» Connect smart device and listen to GPS, satellite radio, audio box, apple music apps and more on car speakers
» Retain original look and feel of dashboard components and wiring integrity
» Plug-n-play to 12-pin socket on AM/FM/CD or Tape radio (radio removal required). If you prefer an aux cable that connects at the hideaway XM module; purchase our AUX-GM3X instead.
[To avoid costly returns, It is important to observe all requirements, warnings and install guide information prior to purchase.]
1. Works in 2003-12 vehicles listed in drop-down with either a hideaway XM module, RSE or remote CD changer* (not referencing changer built into AM/FM radio)
2. To be compatible; your vehicle must have at least (1) of the following factory option: Remote CD changer, hideaway XM module (U2K) or RSE (DVD).
3. Vehicles without remote CD changer, hideaway XM module or RSE; are NOT compatible. Don't buy to try-- it won't work!!
4. If vehicle only has hideaway XM module without subscription but plans to renew at a later date must purchase "subscribed" option otherwise XM will not play upon renewal. See drop-down menu above.
5. Cable is 4 ft. long with factory matching 12-pin plug/socket and 3.5mm (1/8) jack.
6. The AUX-GM3 connects to 12-pin socket on AM/FM/CD or TAPE radio in the dash. Does NOT connect to hideaway XM module.
» 12-pin Aux harness (4 ft long) x 1
» Free 3.5mm Male-Male audio cable (3 ft. long) x1
Avoid costly returns. Before ordering; please review your INSTALLATION GUIDE which also includes frequently asked questions.
Footnotes: [ See drop-down for reference]
1. The AUX-GM3 connects to 12-pin socket on AM/FM radio (Radio removal required).
* All "CD changer" references made herein are to this 6, 10 or 12-disc changer in armrest, hatch or trunk etc. 6-CD changer built-into AM/FM radio is internal; not remote.
*XM module is NOT built-into the AM/FM/CD or TAPE radio but rather a hideaway box in remote area (e.g. trunk, behind glovebox, etc.) Don't ignore this.
2. To check if vehicle has required hideaway XM module (U2K); Press "BAND" button to switch between AM, FM and XM. If only AM/FM is displayed; vehicle does not have XM module.
3. This cable does not ship same day. It must be assembled (by hand); after which time it is shipped using shipping method selected at checkout.