The AUX-GM3 works in vehicles with hideaway XM module (U2K) but connect to the back of AM/FM radio.
GM owners looking for ways to connect and play portable audio devices on car system will be pleased to find our AUX-GM3 AUX input cable. For the AUX-GM3 to work, your 2003-12 GM vehicle must have at least one external player (not built-into radio) such as XM module (U2K), multi-disc remote changer* or RSE (DVD). (Note: DVD, multi-disc changer, XM (U2K) are NOT built-into the AM/FM radio but separate modules in remote locations).
To install this cable, simply remove AM/FM radio from dashboard, connect 12-pin plug to radio's 12-pin socket, route and secure 1/8" (headphone) jack on or near the dashboard. To listen to remote changer or XM (if subscribed) or RSE (DVD), simply unplug audio cable from jack-- its that simple--- no complicated setup or wiring. With the AUX-GM3, GM owners are able to connect and play portable audio devices on the car stereo system while retaining fully functioning factory option.
» Works in vehicles with multi-disc Remote changer* or XM module (With or without subscription) or RSE (DVD).
» Play audio devices including iPods, iPhones, Smartphones MP3 players and more
» Connect smart device and stream music from popular sites like Spotify, Pandora etc.
» Connect smart device and listen to GPS, satellite radio, audio box, apple music apps and more on car speakers
» Retain original look and feel of dashboard components and wiring integrity
» Plug-n-play connection to 12-pin socket on AM/FM radio (Radio removal required). Connection to hideaway XM module requires our AUX-GM3X.
[To avoid costly returns, It is important to observe all requirements, warnings and install guide information prior to purchase.]
1. Works in 2003-12 vehicles listed in drop-down with either a hideaway XM module, DVD or remote changer* (not referencing changer built into AM/FM radio)
2. To be compatible; your vehicle must have at least (1) of the following factory option: Remote changer, hideaway XM module (U2K) or RSE (DVD).
3. Vehicles without remote changer, hideaway XM module or RSE; are NOT compatible. Don't buy to try-- it won't work!!
4. If vehicle only has hideaway XM module without subscription but plans to renew at a later date; you must purchase "subscribed" option otherwise XM will not play upon renewal. See drop-down menu above.
5. If vehicle has both DVD and XM (expired subscription), purchase DVD option so that DVD continues to work
6. Cable is 4 ft. long with factory matching 12-pin plug/socket and 3.5mm (1/8) jack.
7. This cable connects to 12-pin socket behind the radio in the dash. Does NOT connect to XM module near glovebox, hatch or elsewhere.
» 12-pin Aux harness (4 ft long) x 1
» Free 3.5mm Male-Male audio cable (3 ft. long) x1
Avoid costly returns. Before ordering; please review your INSTALLATION GUIDE which also includes frequently asked questions.
Footnotes: [ See drop-down for reference]
1. The AUX-GM3 connects to 12-pin socket on AM/FM radio. (Radio removal required).
*Not subscribed means you are able to tune SiriusXM preview (channel 1) and no other and cable connects to the AM/FM radio. Don't ignore this.
** All "CD changer" references made herein are to this 6, 10 or 12-disc changer in armrest, hatch or trunk etc. 6-CD changer built-into AM/FM radio is internal; not remote.
Subscribed option works if currently subscribed or plan to subscribe in the future.
*** DVD: if vehicle has RSE; select DVD even if equipped with XM module otherwise DVD will no longer play.
2. To check if vehicle has required hideaway XM module (U2K); Press "BAND" button to toggle AM, FM and XM. If only AM/FM is displayed; vehicle does not have XM module and NOT compatible.
3. This cable does not ship same day. It must be assembled (built); after which time it is shipped using shipping method selected at checkout.