If looking to preserve your American classic as original possible while also being able to stream music from smartphone; look no further.
Wouldn't it be nice to simply step into your ride and be able to play music apps from smartphone without wires or cables dandling from the dash? Just because you drive an older car does not mean you have to settle for old technology and many have have opted to install a $30 cigar lighter FM transmitter (which has been around for decades), and not what we consider "new technology" while others suggest replacing radio; but does any of this add value to your American classic? Enter the BLU-C5. Our BLU-C5 Bluetooth music streaming kit is assembled exclusively for C5 Corvette owners who want to keep the original radio while also being able to stream internet music (Pandora, Spotify, XM radio, Apple music), audio books, GPS and and other important application while on the road to work or cruising around town without altering the look and feel of the dashboard or investing in a new radio. For added convenience an optional smart remote and charging port can be added (Click installation guide link below for details).
Some vehicles may include optional trunk mounted 12-disc changer, and if so it must be disconnected; however, our A2D-C5 streaming kit retains use of the 12-disc changer.
» Bluetooth 4.1 A2DP (music streaming) profile from any Smartphone, Tablet, Kindle and more.
Does not support phone calls. Purchase our A2DIY-C5 instead.
» Users may install module directly to radio behind the dash OR (if pre-wired); to 10-pin CD changer plug in trunk or hatch (Not FM modulated)
» Auto-pair/un-pair upon entering/existing vehicle (Will not drain car battery)
» Enjoy Apple music, turn by turn directions, music internet sites such as Pandora, Spotify etc. (Does not support phone calls)
» Ideal for those who prefer a wireless connection for Smartphone, Tablet, Kindle etc.
» Optional:"Smart remote" to control select smartphone functions (does not control radio functions)
» Optional: USB "Fast charging" kit for those power-hungry devices. (click installation guide link below for details)
[To avoid costly returns, It is important to observe all requirements, warnings and install guide information prior to purchase.]
1. Exclusive to 1997-04 Corvette (C5) with original factory AM/FM/CD or AM/FM/TAPE radio
2. If vehicle has 12-disc changer in rear, it must be disconnected. To preserve 12-disc changer, purchase our A2D-C5 instead.
3. The BLU-C5 does not interfere with functionality of existing radio (CD player or Tape player); however optional 12-disc changer in trunk/hatch (if present) must be disconnected.
4. Controls and display remain with audio device (e.g. Smartphone). C5 radio/display or buttons (except volume) do not apply
5. Users decide where to install module: behind radio cavity with PXHGM4 harness OR to 10-pin plug in trunk/hatch with PXHGM2 harness. Click installation guide link below for details.
» Bluetooth module x1 (3"x 3"x 1.5")
» Installation harness: PXHGM2 (To 10-pin plug in trunk/hatch) or PXHGM4 (To radio) x1
» Add-a-fuse Mini-Tap with 5A fuse x1 (With PXHGM2 trunk/hatch installs only)
» Optional: Smart remote control (Click installation instructions for details)
» Optional: USB "Fast charging" kit (Click installation guide link below for details)
Avoid costly returns. Please read these Installation instructions, or Video and Frequently Asked Questions prior to ordering.
[ See drop-down for reference]
* All installs to 10-pin plug in trunk/hatch (PXHGM2 installation harness), requires routing accessory wire to fuse panel in passenger floorboard
1. Connect behind radio or 10-pin plug in trunk/hatch. CD changer (if present) must be disconnected. To preserve 12-disc changer purchase our A2D-C5 instead.
2. CD player built-into AM/FM radio is not a CD changer. The 12-disc changer resides at vehicles rear and must be disconnected (if present).
3. Supports music streaming only. Not for phone calls (HFP). Our A2DIY-C5 Kit supports phone calls.
4. This kit must first be assembled (built) after which time it is then shipped using shipping method selected at checkout.