Upgrade your American classic to support music streaming from Smartphone without changing original factory radio.
Wouldn't it be nice to simply step into your ride and be able to play music apps from smartphone without wires or cables dandling from the dash? Just because you drive an older car does not mean you have to settle for old technology and many have opted for a $30 cigar lighter FM transmitter (which has been around for decades), is not what we consider "new technology". Another option is to install an aftermarket radio, but does doing any of this add value to your American classic? These are two of many suggestions for adding Bluetooth to these cars, until now! Enter the BLU-C5. Our BLU-C5 kit is built exclusively for C5 Corvette owners who want to keep the original radio while also being able to enjoy internet music (Pandora, Spotify, XM radio, Apple music), audio books, GPS and and other important application while on the road to work or cruising around town without investing in a new radio or altering the look and feel of dashboard components. For added convenience an optional wireless remote control and USB charging port can be added (Click installation guide link below for details).
The BLU-C5 kit replaces the 12-disc changer (if present); however, our A2D-C5 offers the same features and preserves the 12-disc changer.
» Supports A2DP (music streaming) profile from any Smartphone, Tablet, Kindle and more.
Does not support hands-free calls. Purchase our A2DIY-C5 instead.
» Users may install module directly to factory radio behind the dash OR (if pre-wired); to the 10-pin CD changer plug in trunk or hatch (Not FM modulated)
» Auto-pair/un-pair upon entering/existing vehicle (Will not drain car battery)
» Enjoy Apple music, turn by turn directions, music internet sites such as Pandora, Spotify etc. (Does not support Hands-free calls)
» Ideal for those who prefer a wireless connection for Smartphone, Tablet, Kindle etc.
»Optional: wireless remote to control select smartphone functions (does not control radio functions)
» Optional: USB "Fast charging" kit to charge those power-hungry devices while on the road. (click installation guide link below for details)
[To avoid costly returns, It is important to observe all requirements, warnings and install guide information prior to purchase.]
1. Exclusive to 1997-04 Corvette (C5) with original factory AM/FM/CD or AM/FM/TAPE radio
2. If vehicle has 12-disc changer in rear, it must be disconnected. To preserve 12-disc changer, purchase our A2D-C5 instead.
3. The BLU-C5 does not interfere with functionality of existing radio (CD player or Tape player); however optional 12-disc changer in trunk/hatch (if present) must be disconnected.
4. Controls and display remain with audio device (e.g. Smartphone). C5 radio/display or buttons (except volume) do not apply
5. Users decide where to install module: behind radio cavity with PXHGM4 harness OR to 10-pin plug in trunk/hatch with PXHGM2 harness. Click installation guide link below for details.
» Bluetooth module x1 (3"x 3"x 1.5")
» Installation harness: PXHGM2 (To 10-pin plug in trunk/hatch) OR PXHGM4 (To radio) x1
» Add-a-fuse Mini-Tap with 5A fuse x1 (with trunk/hatch installs only)
» Optional wireless remote control (Click installation guide link below for details)
» Optional USB "Fast charge" kit (Click installation guide link below for details)
Avoid costly returns. Click to review your Installation instructions and Frequently Asked Questions.
[ See drop-down for reference]
* PXHGM4 harness (to radio) ; has been upgraded and no longer requires routing accessory wire to fuse panel.
1. Connects to radio OR 10-pin plug in trunk or hatch. CD changer (if present) must be disconnected. To preserve changer purchase our A2D-C5 instead.
2. CD player built-into radio is not a CD changer. 12-disc changer (if present) resides at vehicles rear and must be disconnected.
3. Supports music streaming. Not for hands-free calls (HFP). For Hands-free capabilities, purchase our A2DIY-C5 instead.