Upgrade your American classic to support music streaming from Smartphone without changing the factory installed radio.
Just because you drive an older car does not mean you have to settle for old technology and a $30 cigar lighter FM transmitter (which has been around for decades), is not what we would consider "new technology". Of course you can change to a modern radio, but does doing any of that add value to your American classic? These are two of the many suggestions made to add Bluetooth music streaming into these cars, until now! Enter the BLU-C5. Our BLU-C5 kit is built exclusively for C5 Corvette owners who wants to add wireless music streaming from Smartphone, Kindle, Tablet etc. for internet music (Pandora, Spotify, XM radio, Apple music etc), audio books, GPS and and other important application most would like to enjoy while on the road to work or cruising around town. This clean solution leaves no wires on or around the dash and is the accessory you want if looking for wireless music streaming connectivity without investing in a new radio or altering the look and feel of dashboard components. For added convenience an optional wireless remote control and USB charging port can be added (Click installation guide link below for details). The BLU-C5 replaces the 12-disc changer (in trunk or hatch); however, our A2D-C5 is available for those who wish to preserve the changer.
» Supports A2DP (music streaming) profile from any Smartphone, Tablet.
Not for hands-free calls. See our A2DIY-C5 instead.
» Connects directly to factory radio behind the dash OR (if pre-wired); to 10-pin CD changer plug in trunk or hatch (Not FM modulated)
» Auto-pair/un-pair upon entering/exiting vehicle. (Will not drain car battery)
» Enjoy Apple music, turn by turn directions, music internet sites such as Pandora, Spotify etc. (not for Bluetooth Hands-free calls)
» Ideal for those who prefer a wireless connection for Smartphone, Tablet, Kindle etc.
» Optional wireless remote to control select smartphone functions (tick check box to add to order)
» Optional USB charging only port (click installation guide link below for details)
[To avoid costly returns, It is important to observe all requirements, warnings and install guide information prior to purchase.]
1. Exclusive to 1997-04 Corvette (C5) with original factory AM/FM/CD or AM/FM/TAPE radio with "AUX" button on face plate
2. If vehicle has 12-disc changer in rear, it must be disconnected. To preserve 12-disc changer, purchase our A2D-C5 instead.
3. The BLU-C5 does not interfere with functionality of existing radio (CD player or Tape player); however optional 12-disc changer in trunk/hatch (if present) must be disconnected.
4. Controls and display remain with audio device (e.g. Smartphone). C5 radio/display or buttons (except volume) do not apply
5. Users decide where to install: behind radio cavity with PXHGM4 harness OR to 10-pin plug in trunk/hatch with PXHGM2 harness. Click installation guide link below for details.
» Bluetooth module x1 (3"x 3"x 1.5")
» Installation harness: PXHGM2 (trunk/hatch) OR PXHGM4 (radio) x1
» Add-a-fuse Mini-Tap with 5A fuse x1 (For trunk/hatch installs only)
» Optional wireless remote control (Click installation guide link below for details)
» Optional USB charging Kit (Click installation guide link below for details)
Avoid costly returns. Click to review your Installation guide and Frequently Asked Questions.
[ See drop-down for reference]
* PXHGM4 harness (to radio) ; no longer requires routing accessory wire to fuse panel.
1. Connects to radio OR 10-pin plug in trunk or hatch. CD changer (if present) must be disconnected. To preserve changer purchase our A2D-C5 instead.
2. CD player radio is not a CD changer. Optional 12-disc changer resides at vehicles rear and (if present) must be disconnected.
3. Supports music streaming. Not for hands-free calls (HFP). For Hands-free capabilities, purchase our A2DIY-C5 instead.