Is cell phone use while driving banned in your state? Does your 2003-12 GM include an XM module? If so, problem solved!!.
Did you know mostly all 2003-12 GM Truck, cars and SUV's from this era were factory equipped with XM module (U2K) and with it a free 3 month subscription. The trial period or subscription may have ended, but the module is still there which is good news for those wanting to install this Bluetooth kit. The XM module is a metal box found in a remote location (not built-into AM/FM radio) and for verification you simply press the radios "BAND" button repeatedly until XM is displayed; if only AM, FM is displayed, vehicle does NOT have required XM module and therefore not compatible with this module. The A2DIY-GM3x uses the XM radio port for (1) Hands-free calls: (HFP) which is not only less distracting than trying to juggle a phone while steering but also the only legal way to do it in many states. (2) Music streaming: (A2DP) to wirelessly play internet music, podcast, turn-by-turn directions and more. (3) XM retention: XM subscribers retain their subscription; however, If not subscribed (expired); an AUX input jack is provided to which users can connect and play portable audio devices including MP3 players, iPods etc. A new media remote control allows users to control select functions on their smart device including changing tracks, adjusting volume, ending calls and more while keeping eyes on the road. An Optional USB "Fast charging" kit is available to keep devices charged. After initial pairing, the module (hidden behind the dash) automatically connects upon entering vehicle. The A2DIY-GM3x is the perfect wireless solution for GM owners without breaking the bank or sacrificing the original radio or XM subscription.
» Bluetooth 4.0 A2DP Profile and Hands-Free Profile (HPF)
» 24 bit Audio codec, -95dB SNR
» Requires original GM factory radio and XM module
» Auto-pair/unpair upon entering/exiting vehicle
» Stream from Pandora, Spotify, Tune-in and more
» Navigation voice guidance on car speakers (GPS app required)
» Stream from music sites such as Pandora, Spotify, Apple music
» Adaptive electric condenser cartridge high sensitivity, low impedance, anti-noise microphone
» Connects directly to 12-pin socket on the radio (not FM Modulated).
» Optional USB charging port to keep devices charged while on the road
[Please read all requirements and warnings below prior to purchasing this part]
1. Compatible with select 2002-12 GM Class-II vehicles listed in drop-down with U2K (RPO) (See note #2 & #3 below).
2. Vehicles must have an XM module with or without subscription. (XM module is not built-into AM/FM radio)
3. Vehicles without XM module are NOT compatible.
4. Connects to the 12-pin port on radio (radio removal required)
5. If XM subscription has expired, an AUX input jack is provided to which users may connect and play portable audio devices.
» Bluetooth module (3.5" x 2.6" x"1) x1
» New! Bluetooth remote control with steering wheel holder x1
» Microphone with visor clip on 10 ft. cable x1
» Male to Male 3.5mm audio cable (3 ft.) x1 (Expired subscription only)
» Custom installation harness with separate ground and accessory wires
» Optional USB "Fast charging" kit (Click installation instructions for details)
Footnotes: [ See drop-down for reference]
Avoid costly returns. Read product installation instructions and Frequent Ask Questions prior to ordering!
* All vehicles must have XM module(U2K) - with or without subscription.
1. Factory radio display and buttons (except volume) do not apply. Use audio device built-in controls or included remote control.
2. This kit does not ship same day. It must first be assembled (built) after which it is then shipped using shipping method selected at checkout.