The CHRY-AUX Auxiliary input adapter allows users to connect and play portable audio devices to the factory radio in select 1995-02 Chrysler, Dodge & Jeep including Prowler. In order for this part to work the Chrysler radio MUST have the ability to control CD changer and an 8-pin changer port. The CHRY-AUX converts the changer port to a 3.5mm input jack to which users are able to connect and play portable audio devices such as smartphone, iPod, MP3 player, DVD Audio, Satellite radio Kits, Game System, Zune etc. Because it connects directly to the radio CD changer port, the best sound quality playback is achieved.
[These issues or circumstances may affect compatibility of this product with your radio or vehicle]
1. Compatible with select 1995-02 Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge & Plymouth listed in drop-down with radios described in #2 below.
2. For the CHRY-AUX to work as described, listed vehicle must have one of the following radios:
a. "Square face" with "Disk ^" on preset # 1, and 8-pin port on the back. (See additional images)
b. "Square face" with "Mode/Eject" button, 6-presets, Bass and Treble slider controls, "DIRECT DISC SELECT 1-6" printed above radio presets. (click additional images)
c. European (export) radio models: P04704345, P05269484, P04671088
3. 1998+ Rounded face radios with CD-C button and 8-pin port are not compatible. -- see our CHRY98-AUX instead.
4. Factory CD changer (if present), must be disconnected.
» Main Unit (2"x 1.5"x 1")
» 3.5 Male-Male audio cable (3 ft.) x1
Footnotes: [See drop-down listing for reference]
Avoid costly returns. Click to review your installation instructions and Frequent Asked Questions.
Compatible radio must meet all requirements listed above (see additional images).
* All with "MODE" or "MODE/EJECT" button, 8-pin port and CD changer controls.