Connect and play portable audio devices in select Jaguar without sacrificing the CD auto changer.
Many Jaguar x308 an x100 owners must disconnect the CD auto changer in order to connect and play portable audio devices on audio system, but thanks to the JAG-CD these proud owners can enjoy the music stored on iPods, MP3 Players, Smartphones, iPads and more without sacrificing the changer. Simply connect the module to the back of the radio, route the 3.5mm jack on or near the dashboard, connect audio device and enjoy the best possible sound on the car speakers. When in the mood for CD's, simply unplug 3.5mm cable from the jack-- its that simple--- no silent CD or complicated setup. Control and access music files with audio device built-in controls and use radio volume button to set playback level. The JAG-CD becomes an effective, inexpensive method of enjoying portable audio devices without compromising the CD auto changer.
Avoid costly returns. Click to review your Installation instructions and Frequently asked questions prior to ordering.
» Requires and retains CD changer (vehicle must have changer)
» Connect and play audio device including iPod, iPhone, Smartphone MP3 Player and more
» Connected devices such as smartphones, tablets etc. are able to stream from popular sites like Spotify, Pandora etc
» Retain original look/feel of dashboard components and wiring integrity.
» Connects directly to radio
» Controls and display remain with audio device (no controls from steering wheel or radio buttons)
» Plug-n-play (no wire splicing or cutting)
[Please read all requirements and warnings below prior to purchasing this part]
1. Works in 1998-99 XK and XJ (x308 & x100) Standard OR Premium sound systems with CD auto changer
2. Works in 2000-03 XJ and 2000-06 XK Standard sound systems (only) and CD auto changer.
3. 2000-Up Alpine Premium Sound Systems (with amplifier) are not applicable. These require our JAG-CDR
4. CD changer required and remains connected and operational.
5. If a wireless Bluetooth connection is preferred, purchase our A2D-JAG98
6. Connects to radio behind the dash (Will not work if connected to CD changer plug in trunk or hatch)
» Module with audio jack on 4 ft. cable x 1
» 3.5mm Male-Male audio cable (3 ft. long) x1
[ See drop-down for reference]
*Single DIN radios (e.g. LJB4100BA/AJ9850A etc.) requires removing ground strap in order to connect 90° (right angle) plug. Late 1997 XK8 (X100) with Ai-net CD plug. Early 1997 XK8 with 8-pin DIN CD plug is not compatible
Connects to radio behind the dash (not in trunk/boot)
1. Connects to CD changer port on radio (Not trunk). Not applicable to 2000-Up Alpine Premium System (with amplifier).
2. For x308 and x100 only. Not applicable to other model/years.
3. This module must first be assembled (built) after which time it is then shipped using shipping method selected at checkout.